Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to store ski boots until next season?

Poster: A snowHead
Daft question I'm sure, but bear with me. I've got the option of storing our ski boots until next year in either: the loft, shed, back of a cupboard indoors. I know they are built to deal with very low temperatures, but really, where are they "happiest" long-term? I also understand you should buckle them up. Is this correct? And if so, do you "do them up" tightly. Not sure if I'll get any answers to this inane post, but thought I'd give it a try. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the oft with the rest of your ski gear?

Buckled up on the first buckle for me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mine are in my boot bag in the cupboard. fully buckled up loosley...when i finally get round to putting them away !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pretty much as above.
But I do leave them disassembled for a few days before doing so, liners out, insoles out. To make sure they are properly dry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a set of bootwarmers a few years ago (great investment by the way) so after I get back from a trip I buckle the boots to my normal setting and leave the warmers in the boots for a couple of days to give them a good drying out. My shells are translucent and you can see the condensation form and then get dried away on the inside of the shell; it's suprising how much there is.

After that I leave them in a bag in the spare room ready for the next outing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great, thanks all. So buckled up loosely in the loft with liners and insoles out sounds good to me. I reckon they'll be dry by now as we went in February. Still haven't put any of my ski gear in the loft yet either holidaylover; I'm hoping it will do it itself! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You will need to take them to a snow dome, dry slope or glacier otherwise they will forget how to ski ! Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know about THEM forgetting! I practically start from scratch each time I go. Not sure about dry slope (which is easy travel distance)as I came a real cropper on the bristles years ago, so have avoided since. Snow dome is hours away so we don't have a choice unfortunately. Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bambionskiis, definately not the shed unless you intend to provide bedding for the mice. Learned that one the hard way, still provided me with a good excuse to buy new boots rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bambionskiis, depending on which your local dry ski slope is - some have improved. Certainly the one at Snowtrax (near Bournemouth), I find much better than the old dendix ones.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know if Gloucester has improved in the last 10 years or is any good? Thanks scaryg - no mouse in its right mind would go near my boots, but fair point.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As the others have ie loft or cupboard said liners can eventually suffer being stored somewhere like a shed ( but the question is whether this happens before the boots get worn out from use ).

Another option keep skis and boots in plain sight in the house and soon the with drawl symptoms will have you thinking about indoor or dry slopes or maybe a sneaky week away on a glacier. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the summer, our loft gets unbearably hot in the sun. Wouldn't that be a problem? CEM said I should keep them room temp as heat can knacker the shape of the linings.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bambionskiis wrote:
Does anyone know if Gloucester has improved in the last 10 years or is any good? Thanks scaryg - no mouse in its right mind would go near my boots, but fair point.
p

I think that is the last time I skied on there as we moved away from Malvern 9.5yrs ago. I suggest starting a new thread, I have seen some threads on that slope on here but mostly talking about changes in management and the race club.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah speed098 to sneak away - think the kids may notice and no-one else would have them, so *£$@ rip-off half terms we're stuck with. I can however dream. That was my concern too ringingmaster. I'm starting to think maybe a cupboard might be best. Think I will start a thread nickyj. We went to the shop at Gloucester ski slope for our insoles and were served by what is possibly the most helpful and patient person I have ever met. Knew his stuff and insoles worked a treat. Can recommend anyone to anyone interested. I think I will start a seperate thread. Cheers.
snow report
Pop a bag of desiccant in with them to stop mold and keep dry
snow report
hawkesbaynz wrote:
Pop a bag of desiccant in with them to stop mold and keep dry
- Good idea, thanks for that, will do.
ski holidays
NOT the loft, as ringingmaster, says, gets incredibly hot in there if we get a summer!
snow conditions
Yep, definitely decided on a cupboard -A hot summer kitenski- ah yes, I remember those!! Fingers crossed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy