Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family ski tomorrow!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Very late notice but we are heading to the French alps tomorrow

We are an Australian family at intermediate level. Kids are 6 and 8

We are looking at staying for 5 days or so and wondering what the best bet would be for good snow AND a kid friendly resort. Ideally after boutique chalet type accom. As for the kids we want to stay somewhere where there are English speaking kids. Normally wouldn't care but we are travelling in a Motorhome and they haven't played wit engishspeaking kids for months so this is a good chance for them

Looking at a great place in Morzine but have some doubts about the weather. Is it looking a bit warm? Do we needs higher altitude? Any other ideas based on recent snow?

Huge huge thanks if you can help us with some advice

Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you looking for catered accommodation? "Boutique" catered chalets tend to be owner operated. It may be worth focussing on a few resorts where there will be English speakers doing a google search for "catered chalet" in each resort. Most do tend to book by the week, but this week is a low season week for most. A few private schools in the UK will have broken up for Easter, so you may find a few English speaking kids about, but not many. Obvious resorts to go for: Meribel, La Tania (latania.co.uk is a very handy website), Val D'Isere/Tignes, Morzine-yes, is a bit low but it snowed last week so places will be topped up.
You may want look at chaletsdirect.com.
There are so many options, and I am just throwing out some random ones.
Good luck!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ozdave, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead What exactly do you mean by "boutique catered chalet"? To me, that sounds like somewhere small and rather exclusive so chance of finding other kids might be rather low. A big chalet-hotel might be a better bet. This seems to be an exceptionally quiet week (last week was far busier) and probably next week will, too, so you should be able to find plenty of accommodation options. But as Perty says, UK schools are not on holiday and neither are any others, as far as I know (which explains why resorts are so blissfully quiet, of course). Yes, it did snow last weekend but it's warming up so aiming higher than Morzine might make sense. I suspect Meribel will be very slushy too.

Will you book your kids into ski school? That's perhaps the best chance of meeting other English speaking kids.

A lot of places do Sat/Sat bookings and won't do shorter periods. This place http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/ has had some good reviews - they are flexible and offer a snowheads discount. Worth a try.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scottish schools, at least in my part of Scotland, break up tomorrow.... So there may be some (semi)English speaking kids on the go Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

there may be some (semi)English speaking kids on the go

dode, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You have 2 kids so they can talk to each other...

Go where the snow is good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flaine skier, you've never met my two kids. Talking at each other, yes; tormenting each other, yes. Talking to each other, no....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ozdave, wherever you end up, have a great time
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dobby, Very Happy ditto
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all.

Sorry boutique probably the wrong word. Just mean more intimate and friendly than the 10th floor of some mega hotel

We can be flexible with dates if needed and are looking for catered

I think we will look higher - save the slushy stuff for Australia.

Thanks again for all the info. If any more suggestions then please fire away before we leave this morning!

Cheers

Dave
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I haven't looked at the forecast for moraine but am always suspicious of moraine at this time of year unless there has been a great recent snowfall. Look on ski Olympic website. They have a good reputation and you may get a good deal.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Ozdave,

We have some last minute spaces in our chalet Campanules in Les Coches. It's an ideal area for kids with a beginners area in the village, loads of blue and red runs to progress onto and a friendly ski school.

There is plenty of snow and there are other children booked in the chalet.

Details are via the link at the bottom of the post - give me a call and we can get something booked for you.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy