Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Trips ADVICE !!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys
After recently going on my first solo/group trip to Austria i have well and truley got the bug and much pre3fer this way of travelling.
So much so that I really would like to do a trip in between Xmas and New year.
My question is this
Do trips exist at this time of year?If so how much can i expect to pay and where are good places to go? I know its a while off yet but thought i would ask the question.
Any help would be greatfull

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy2809, They most certainly exist. Christmas week is quieter and cheaper. New Year week busier and quite expensive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Layne thanks for the reply.
Do people generally create such groups nearer to the time? Like i say I know its a while off but just wanted to see what the score was with it all.ALso is there plenty of snow around various places at that time of year?Have you done a trip yourself?
cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Layne,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andy2809, when you say 'in between Christmas and New Year' what do you mean? Do you want to be away for New Year, arriving around 27/28th December for a week? If so, as Layne, says, that's the busiest, most expensive week of the season and if you know where you want to go, or have specific travel requirements you'd be advised to sort it out sooner rather than later.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Again thanks for the reply That was the week i was talking about yes.
As for where i want to go I'm not massively clued up on where is best at that time of year, i was thinking of just joining a group of people that may have pre-organised a trip.
Cheers
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andy2809, pretty much anywhere would be fine at that time of the year. As Montana says it is a peak week so best to get sorted sooner rather than later. If you "advertise" on the "Solo Skiers v Groups - Organising Trips" board someone may have a place going. Or you maybe get something nearer the time, if you are comfortable with the fact you may not have much choice or get anything at all. Any particular reason you want to go that specific week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

pretty much anywhere would be fine at that time of the year

Hmm. New Year is very early season - only the second open week for many resorts. Snow depths are, on average, lower than they are now, towards the end of March. It's usually OK, but certainly no guarantees.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yes but New Years skiing is a great time to go. Anytime I'm home at new years I always wish I had booked skiing away. Im thinking about it already, but think I would be solo. That said I've gone solo joining/forming a snowheads group last two years running in this forum......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
id be definately intrested in joining a group for new year so if you are thinking about doing that let me know. tho i will keep an eye out too! i might even start my own thread!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy