Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the best snowboard shop in the UK?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A couple of months ago I got into Boarding thanks to my girlfriend and now I'm an addict. I bought a decent pair of boots from a local shop, and a second hand setup off of ebay to get me going at the dome. However, my 30th is coming up and I'm asking for vouchers to put towards more gear and I'm wondering who has the biggest range with the most knowledgable staff. It doesn't really matter where in the UK it is if it's worth the journey, as long as they do gift vouchers and can sell them over the phone or online. I can then make a trip of it and book a nice hotel somewhere near to keep the missus happy.

Ideally I'm looking for a shop with the biggest range of boards as I would really like to invest in something decent, so any suggestions will be welcome and I'll check out their websites.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I live in Kent but have bought my last two pairs of skis from www.snowfit.co.uk who also have a separate board shop called Revolutionz. They are based in Norwich and ship all over. I like them because they are family run and know their stuff and will discuss impartially all makes and models. They are really well priced too. Good luck
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Noah's Ark is ok in your neck of the woods. But I'd aak for cold hard cash to maximise flexibility around getting the best deal on season end closeout form wherever.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got my first set up from TSA in Tamworth and found them really helpful and non pushy. Next was from Edge and Wax ( almost close enough for a trip)with lots of good online advice given, but by that time I also had a better idea what I wanted and did my research too.
PS edge and wax do some great deals in the summer!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lukeallington, Have a look at

http://www.ss20.com/

http://www.sputniksnowboardshop.com/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lukeallington, Big Dreams Snowboarding in Warham buddy is my local... Small place but they more than make up for it with their wealth of knowledge, experience and effort in getting you in the right set up... It is all about the right set up for you... Don't be put off by the site not being as god or as big as some other companies...

For them it really is all about the personal touch... To get the most out of them you have to go to the shop, but if you want a setup, be prepared to spend some serious time there, trying on shitloads of stuff...

http://www.bigdreamssnowboarding.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pablito wrote:
I live in Kent but have bought my last two pairs of skis from www.snowfit.co.uk who also have a separate board shop called Revolutionz. They are based in Norwich and ship all over. I like them because they are family run and know their stuff and will discuss impartially all makes and models. They are really well priced too. Good luck

Im from Norwich (until my recent move to York) and would also recommend, its where i have always got my gear from. If you want to go into a shop and actually have a look and feel then its worth a train trip to see. The shop isnt as large as say TSA or Ellis Bringham you might have seen at Xscape but the choice is fantastic and staff are great.

What i like about them the most is there snowbaord gear is all mainly snowboard brands ie Burton, Westbeach, Palmer rather than the generic winter sports brands like quicksliver, animal, nike that you find in most places like TSA or Ellis Bringham
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thestoney6, said
Quote:

generic winter sports brands like quicksliver, animal, nike that you find in most places like TSA

Really? Maybe they've changed since I bought mine (a Burton), they had lots of good brands on offer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sputnik is nice and friendly. At the other end of the country, I've ordered gear from both Robin Hood and Granite Reef, and they were both great.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another shout for SS20 - one of my favourite shops to deal with. I've never actually visited the bricks and mortar store though. Oxford is a fantastic place to visit for the weekend as well. Bucks Boarding is another good shop and very close to the Milton Keynes indoor slope. I can't recommend MK for a romantic break however.

*I just looked up Chipping Norton - have you not heard of SS20 already? It looks to me like they're just down the road from you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks very much guys, I'll check out all your recommendations.

Snow Hound, yeah I have certainly heard of them but haven't been into Oxford City for a while so haven't checked them out yet but I have heard good things. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from BBC and they are really good, I just wondered if there were any other shops a little further afield that have a better range, and you're right about MK as being less than romantic….unless your chick is really into roundabouts…..which mine is not.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So it must be http://www.sputniksnowboardshop.com/ walking distance from http://www.secretescapes.com/macdonald-compleat-angler-hotel-marlow-buckinghamshire/sale
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Compleat Angler is fantastic. Pricey though!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy