Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez ESF Ski School Which meeting point

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Last(ish) minute trip to ADH on 13 April to squeeze in 2nd trip this year (yeah!).

I plan to book the Kids (6 & 8 yrs old) into ESF ski school 0915-1200 but which meeting point to go for: Bergers or Les Grandes Rousses?

We are staying in Chalet Pregntil which is very central (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=c590c5892cec135e2&ie=UTF8&ll=,6.063796&spn=0.001949,0.003144&t=m&z=19&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004f59327ab8263c6e04)

So there is the choice of the cages Telecentre to get to Grandes Rousses or Eclose + Bergers chairs to get o Bergers. So which one is better for kids at 0900 in the morning? Speed congestion, ease etc? We also tend to have break/food with the kids after there lessons so a good cafe/restaurant near pickup is useful.

Any other advice. Where to ski, eat, itineraries? Wife and I are very good skiers. Kids are comfortable on blues.

Basically I'm looking for local/saisonniere advice I think!

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mehrar, that Google link takes you to Room B04, 43 Gordon Square, Birkbeck University of London. Which isn't all that handy for either meeting point really. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not much in it if you are where i think you are
the cages might be a bit of a hassle with kids if you are having to herd them onto the cage and carry skis etc for them
both have a choice of places to eat nearby. none (that I know about) would be top of the list if you are after a gastronomic experience
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In my opinion from where you are the distance to both lifts is similar, obviously with the lobster pots you will have to carry the ski's and have a little walk at the other end to the ski school meeting place. With the lifts over to Bergers you will have two lifts to get and the snow cover may be iffy by then at the cross over.

I suppose the question will be can the kids carry their ski's , how are they getting on and off lifts and where do you plan on skiing when they have gone, DMC or Marmottes or over the scary chair. Also where do you want to eat after the lesson?

We often ait at La Tremplin as it was convenient at Les Bergers but its a bit pricey but the views will be nice and the deckchairs will be out to soak up the rays Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy