Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All dry slope users...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.. I haven't skied on one for years.

Yet I may have the opportunity to teach on one in the coming months.

Any recommendations on type of skis, tuning, wax etc for teaching on etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For teaching on I'd use a relatively old pair that you're not that worried about. The bristles, heat, and occasional beginner skiing over them do not do them a lot of good. I would recommend just using the skis that the slope provides for the students - if you're asking students to do something on those skis it should be easy for you to do the same on the same equipment.

For wax something hard and aimed at higher temperatures is what you need, but unless you're teaching racing I don't think it will make a big difference.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, Unless you are teaching very good skiers I'd just use the slope skis and forget about tuning waxing etc. If racing sharp as you like tip to tailm and very hard wax (CH4 or Polar-X).....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If teaching beginners a fairly short beginner/intermediate ski is best (we are not supposed to use the slope skis as we get expenses towards our own). It's a good idea to wax them with Polar X sometimes, as it is harder to do demos if your skis won't slide!
For higher standard stuff (which I can't do) a performance piste ski, with a short turn radius seems to be the norm - quite a lot of instructors seem to use old SL race skis in 155.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we used to use ski wax but as it is expensive compared to other forms we used parrafin wax, wax polish both in spray ( cheap supermarket own brand is fine ) and rub on forms. worked a treat.
Ski's just use whatever but preferably as occasionaly the base can scrape against metal framework of the dendix an older pair is better.
If it is a really hot day and sprinklers are not coping then use either slopes own skis or the oldest pair you have as this is the time you risk damaging the base close to the edges from heat build up.
Tuning just as per normal I still keep edges sharp from tip to tail. You will get beginners skiing over them so as previously use older skis you are not bothered about.

You really only need to be bothered waxing though if you are free skiing or you are teaching advanced skiers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy