Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thermic Dryer problems

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having seen some positive comments on snowheads recently about thermic dryer boot dryers I bought one a week or two ago in an end-of-season sale.

Unfortunately when I got it, it seemed to have a fault: it would run for a couple of minutes then shut down and not do anything unless left alone for a couple of hours. I'm guessing some overheat protection is kicking in, but I've checked that nothing is blocked and air is flowing freely.

I got it replaced without any problem, but the replacement seems to have the same fault. I'm left wondering if it's something I'm doing, or just a bad batch.

Can anyone who has a thermic dryer confirm that it's supposed to run continuously when turned on, not just for a few minutes then shut itself off?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kieranm, if you've got the one that resembles an oven-ready chicken when folded up then you have the same as mine and mine runs continuously if that is any help.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 26-03-14 11:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yes that's the one - very helpful to know that mine is actually faulty.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kieranm, it shouldn't shut off after a few minutes. Have you checked it's def the correct UK/EU one? I blew a US heated boot bag by plugging it in in France Sad

My Thermic heater works well for a good while (few hours) then it stops and cools down, then it starts again. Odd but it works. If there are loads of jackets hung above it it will shut down earlier. Also if the room gets hot it shuts down earlier too. Also if boot prongs are not in freely (and wedged against side) then it stops.

So yes mine does click on and off a lot but it does work well and stays on long enough to dry the boots.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, definitely the correct voltage.

Interesting that yours does start up and shut down - perhaps the one I've got is just too sensitive.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kieranm, have you pulled the prongs out? The grey bits that go into the boots are kind of concertinered up inside the ends. If they aren't pulled out I can imagine it not functioning properly, BUT it is not obvious that you need to do that and mine don't half take one hell of a tug to get them to expand. When the ends are pulled out you get about 8-10" (a guess) of clear plastic with like a spiral in it to hold it open between the ends and the device itself so the ends go all the way down into the boot. Sorry if thats a bit Grandmothers and eggs, but it might not be self explanatory that you need to do that.

If that isn't clear I can take a picture of mine with the ends pulled out if that will help.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, prongs pulled all the way out. Looking at how its constructed I don't think that should make any difference, but I'm pretty sure I've got them set up as described in the manual anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kieranm, I just wondered if it might affect the air flow if they weren't fully extended. However, if that box is ticked I can't imagine anything else which might alter the functioning of them - it was just a thought anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got the oven-ready chicken as well, runs continuously like Megamum, says so sling them back!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try suspending them in mid air to see if they'll run continously as a double check, i.e. outside the boots so they have no restriction.

It'll tell you if they are faulty.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They've gone back now, thanks for all the helpful comments.

What bothers me though is that I've now had two with exactly the same fault, so wondering if the shop has a bad batch of them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy