Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/Board Servicing in West London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I had a quick search, so apologies if this has been answered already, best I could find was from 2008.

I figure I should probably get my board serviced before heading to the EOSB this year (it was fresh out the wrapper for last year), but the only ironing I know how to do involves collars and double-cuffs.

Anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to get the board serviced in London?
I work in White City, live in Maida Vale, and am reasonably regularly in Chiswick. So bonus points if it's anywhere near those.

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Bartlett isn't a million miles, and does a good job of servicing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Bartlett in Hillingdon - may be a bit of a trek f you don't have a car and probably not open on Sundays now the season is winding down.
Otherwise Kensington High Street Ellis Brigham, or possibly best get it done overnight in resort when you get there?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Bartlett have a good reputation, but may be inconvenient for you. There is also an Ellis Brigham in Westfield - I do not know anything about their servicing though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all.

Ski Bartlett unfortunately looks like a bit of a trek (not a driver as Beequin guessed).

I'll pop into Ellis at lunch and see what their options are.

Is overnight in the resort a good option? I was operating on the assumption that it might be at an inflated price, and with a less than enthusiastic pair of hands (I don't blame someone getting a bit jaded spending their whole day managing and servicing rentals, whereas someone in a shop might be glad to be off the shop floor).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The thing I find with a shop service is they can be a little aggressive when machines are used. Shortening the potential life of your board. We had a guy come to our chalet in Morzine a couple of years ago and do an overnight hand service (ooh-er!) - was one of best I've seen. Maybe something similar is available where you're going?

Your best option for next season is invest some time in learning to do it yourself. It's pretty simple and very satisfying. Particularly the look on your skier mate's faces as you glide past them on the flats. The only thing I'd need a shop for now is a base grind.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is also 47degrees ski shop on Fulham Road (Putney Bridge end). Look up their website for details.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy