Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs ski passes buy online or wait

Poster: A snowHead
We are staying Arc 1800 Feb half term 2006, everything is sorted apart from ski passes. I have seen on the
www.lesarcs.com website that you can pre-book online and have them sent via post to your home address. They also have a discount for a family pass. Can anyone advise if this is worth doing or should I just get them when we get there.

Also should we get the Les Arcs pass or the whole paradiski pass. I am leaning towards the les arc pass, as the kids are in ski school all morning and I heard it was a trek to get across to La Plagne.

I always seem to be asking questions on here, hopefully with a bit more travelling I will start answering some!!!!!!!!!! Puzzled Puzzled Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My brother-in-law bought his Les Arcs passes online last year, and the system worked without any problems. I guess it will save you one job on the day you arrive if you buy them in advance.

There's quite a lot of skiing in Les Arcs to keep you happy, and if you can only travel across to La Plagne after morning ski school I would be tempted to say get a Les Arcs pass and then upgrade on one day if you feel the need to travel a bit further afield.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think that by buying online, you get the re-useable plastic card (pass) free. I presume there is a charge for the card if you buy in resort?
BTW - Buying the family pass gets you a huge discount of €14 off the individual prices of €652 (2.15% discount) Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hywel wrote:
I think that by buying online, you get the re-useable plastic card (pass) free. I presume there is a charge for the card if you buy in resort?(

The electronic pass costs 3e, refunded at the end of the week if you take it back to a lift pass office (or leave as a tip for your chalet/hotel staff). If you keep the pass it can be reused next year. I didn't know that you didn't have to pay for the card if you bought online.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, I hope that is not ALL you tip!

I keep my dead passes as souvenirs!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hywel, rob@rar.org.uk,

Yes, pass cost 3€ even if you buy on line, there is a section on the order form which adds it on, but, as you say Rob, if you already have one, you can reload it without having to pay again.

And, as per others, go for the Arcs pass, and just load up for a day over in La Plagne. Plenty to do in the 2 valleys covered by the pass. And as I put it, if you intend skiiing for more than a day over LP way, then you are staying in the wrong resort...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fragglerock wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, I hope that is not ALL you tip!

Mostly self-catering these days, so the tips are never large enough Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JimW wrote:
Hywel, rob@rar.org.uk,

Yes, pass cost 3€ even if you buy on line, there is a section on the order form which adds it on ....

If you look here it states -

"Don’t you have a par@diski-carte yet ? No problem : order your ski-pass online to receive your par@diski-carte: what’s more, it’s free of charge for the first year ! " Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All,

I've been trying to get to grips with the state of play for this year because the hands free cards were €3 last year and the web site promised you would be able to either hand them in and get your three euros back (which we did) or keep them and recharge them for this year - however, when running through the on-line ordering system this year I couldn't see an option to charge an existing card even though the button to take you in to the on line ordering systems mentions recharging.

But looking a little harder they seem to have introduced the "par@diski-carte" this year and according to this they are free (though apparently only for this year) and "par@diski-cartes" can be recharged - doesn't look as those from last year can be - also noticed that there is no cost to deliver the passes to your home address compared to €6 last year. That page also explains that having got your par@diski carte the next time you order on line you will be given the chance to recharge it. We ordered on-line last year and had no problems . We ordered 23/12 and the passes arrived 7/1 in the UK via signed for post so I would say buy on line assuming they do the length of pass you want - they don't appear to offer the 1/2 day on arrival/departure days on-line that they mention in the full list of tariffs here

One final thing- the value of the family pass depends on how old the two kids are because the kids passes on a family pass are valid for kids up to and includng 17 years of age but the child tariff for a single pass only applies to kids up to and including 13 years of age. So, if your two kids are between 6 and 13 you do only save 14 euros on a 6 day Les Arcs pass (€638 to €652) but if they are both between 14 and 17 then you save €106 (€638 to €744). You can also have additional kids at €140 euros on the family pass - no saving at all if they are 6-13 but a saving of €46 if they are 14-17 inc.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 3-12-05 21:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hywel, beat me to it with that URL - wink wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hywel, Ah well, if you are going to get picky...

I am presuming that the whole area carte then, not just the les Arcs one which I tend to look at. Mea culpa.

Mind you, three years ago, when I had a season pass, I was told it was a freebie (true - but only because it was a season and not a weekly), and that could be re-charged, either on-line or at the resort. Ever since when I have tried to, have been told "no it's not the right sort". Win some, lose some...

Maybe it s the first time paradiski is fully operational on the RFID cards , and that's why there is a promotion - they were in operation fully last year in the Les Arcs zone, and as I say the season passes of 03/04 were chipped (allegedly. obviously, as they no longer work...) in preparation.

Well, whatever you choose, enjoy!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bungle,
Hadn't picked up on the family pass been good value if the 2 children are ages 14-17 because mine are younger - that is a signifcant saving snowHead

JimW,
sorry about seeming picky, it's just that I'd seen that webpage and just wanted to check that I'd understood properly snowHead snowHead

On a side issue, I quite enjoy keeping my old cardboard lift passes, with photo Shocked from years gone by (yeah I'm a trainspotter....)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hywel, you have it right - passes for paradiski resorts are now called "par@diski cartes" but its not just the entire paradiski domain passes that are free this year - those for the individual domains of Les Arcs or La Plagne are as well.

I would agree with all the other posters and say get a Les Arcs only pass and then extend for a day if you want to when you are there - we have two kids aged 6 and 9 in ski school in the morning and although we stay at 1950 (which is perhaps 30 mins further lifting and skiing from the Vanoise Express than 1800) we have not made it over to La Plagne yet and been able to get back in time for collecting the kids - this year (our third week in Les Arcs) we are thinking about them only attending ski school for five days rather than 6 and getting over to La Plagne but are still only buying Les Arcs passes and playing it by ear over an extension when we are in the resort.

Anyway - looks like some more snow last night and whilst not at the depth of those in Serre Chavalier (60cm in a night!! - anyone else treading the fine line of happiness for them/jealousy of them Razz Razz ) its starting to look pretty good on the webcams snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bungle,

does indeed look a reasonable amount of snow in 1950.

Is that all passes, of all durations, free if you buy on line? - seems remarkably generous of SMA if the case (and couldn't you just take them back and claim your alleged €3 spend at the end of the week/fortnight?)

I shall look into with alacrity, and claim owner discount too, which seems similar , if not identical, to the so-called deal from ITW / HMC.

JimW
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JimW, bit more last night as well - read that it fell as rain in BSM (thanks PG) but looks a good increase on the building roofs and the trees on the marmottes between here and here.

Seems to me all types of passes are free but a minimum duration of three days - on the revamped web site for this season I can also find no mention of the three euro refund so not sure if they are offering it now.

The owner discount (15% on fixed duration passes) is available if you either actually rent a place in Les Arcs or it may be if it is just made available for rent for 15 weeks but it must be through a recognised agency and all that has happened at 1950 I believe is that HMC have become one of the recognised "agencies" so the deal should be the same - on the ski-lesarcs forum there's a lot of people who rent places privately for 15 weeks or more not at all happy that they can't get the discount and I have some sympathy with them.

Have you seen whether you can order the discounted passes on-line? - it winds me up a bit that we have to fill in a piece of paper and post it off and am hoping that if we get our par@diski cartes that way this year then perhaps next year we can recharge on line at the cheaper rate though I suspect we'll be paper based again Sad Sad
snow report
I ordered the paradiski carte online and requested it be sent to my home. my account specifies "edition en cours"?????? on 12/01/06. It has not yet arrived. Should I be worried. It's at times like this that I wish I had listened in French class at school. Can anyone advise. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Should have arrived my now. Edition en cours, "printing under way". Sounds like a quick email to check to situation is required....
snow report
They have arrived today. Very effecient!!!!!!!! Very Happy
snow report
JUst came back from les arcs. I went for the full paradiski pass and got a lot of use out of it as we were staying in under the Vanoise Express it made sense and we had to hunt around for good sking.

Now as the area is getting the snow it needs I would say just the arcs pass would be fine.
snow report
Nick_C wrote:
JUst came back from les arcs. I went for the full paradiski pass and got a lot of use out of it as we were staying in under the Vanoise Express it made sense and we had to hunt around for good sking.

Now as the area is getting the snow it needs I would say just the arcs pass would be fine.

I got my passes online and I understand that you can keep them to be recharged in the future; the cards have your name and DOB but no details of when they were valid for, so that certainly lends weight to the ability to recharge them year after year.
ski holidays
thats what we got told as well but I gave mine to the chalet hosts as a tip (with a few € too) Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy