Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice municipal elections and future of Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'be been writing about the french municipal elections (first round last Sunday) in Bourg, and how they might affect the future of Les Arcs.
We might have a treat in store if one of the 'lists' gets elected!

My blog is about Les Arcs/Bourg St Maurice generally and has had 23,000 visits so far!

http://grangedalice.blogspot.fr/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
araird, Thank you for that - really interesting!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes is in the same position of a second shoot out - its getting ever more complicated - and again lack of vision seems to be a problem after 10 years of great progress (Lagon, Tignespace, lots of new lifts, X games etc.) The backlash against the previous mayor has been harsh - but as he is still under scrutiny from the courts (I think) I won't comment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Olivier Zaragoza (the last mayor) was lucky to escape prison, but the whole affair seems to have poisoned the atmosphere up there. The last elected mayor of Bourg, Damien Perry, was also forced to resign (but for political rather than couruption reasons) and the ensuing fuss has made people very apathetic. In both cases I think the people think they can't trust any of them so why bother voting for them -in Bourg 40% of the electors abstained. Of the course the problem then, as we are seeing elsewhere in France, that with small turnouts the Front National and other extreme groups do well.... fortunately no fascist lists round here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
araird wrote:
... in Bourg 40% of the electors abstained...
Abstained or didn't cast their vote?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Didn't vote, but they are shown as 'abstentions' in the official statistics. There were also 149 spoilt ballot papers.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
According to my sums the turn out in Bourg was 58% . This compares with an average turn out of 31% at the last local elections in 2012 in England. and 37% for the mayor of London election also in 2012.
Only 28% of the electorate voted for my current MP.
araird, Are you eligible to vote? 5092 appears a very small electorate. It appears that I pay my taxes to the commune but have no representation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
60.70% according to the offical figures. It was 69.52% in 2008.

Excellent source of statistics: http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Elections

I am eligible to vote in the commune where I live permanently, and I have a voting card (not here in Savoie, in Burgundy). You have to prove your residency (tax d'habitation, taxe imposition etc). and register at the Mairie. EEC citizens permanently resident in France can vote in Local and European elections, but not Parliamentary ones.

Obviously a turnout rate of 31/37% in london is apalling, but with 60% voting in Bourg St Maurice is still means that only 1 on 5 will have voted for the ruling party in the end!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
araird, I put the spoiled ballot papers in the "did not vote category".

In the UK general election of 2010 only 24% of the electorate voted for the ruling party in the end. Not too dissimilar figures.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well we must be good in tignes because 79.9% of those 'inscrit' voted with 33 'spoiled papers' - though quite how you spoil a piece of paper by folding it an envelope I don't know! I suspect some resorted to panachage despite numerous notices to not do it.

johnE, As I am a proprietaire (ie not permanent resident) I had to own the property for 5 years (taxe F or H to prove) before I could register. I can now vote in the local elections and the European ones (not French National ones).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I'be been writing about the french municipal elections (first round last Sunday) in Bourg, and how they might affect the future of Les Arcs.
We might have a treat in store if one of the 'lists' gets elected!

My blog is about Les Arcs/Bourg St Maurice generally and has had 23,000 visits so far!

UPDATE to Bourg Local elections plus some other news in my blog (preview of Quartier des Alpins plans).

http://grangedalice.blogspot.fr/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mrs Patch got elected !
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Patch, just noticed this. Congratulations to Mrs Patch. Are you coming up to the EoSb next week?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy