Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip report- Sauze d'oulx- 16/3-23/3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hotel- Miravalle

stayed here on an all inclusive basis and it was pretty good. Food is tasty and plentiful, for packed lunch which you get in morning take more meat and cheese and tart up your rolls as they are very bland. we upgraded our room which cost 14 pounds each and was worth it as the basic rooms are very small. the bar serves branded drinks which was a bonus. Staff at hotel are very nice apart from Nadia the manager / receptionist who appears to spend the day chewing a wasp. she is Australian and although efficient is very rude and not at all friendly. Ceaser the bar man is also a very miserable individual and had an annoying habit of disappearing when the bar was at it's busiest. I would however return here. The hotel is located at the bottom of the town and is a good ten to fifteen minute walk up a very steep hill to the lift which I managed every day in ski boots fine. you can hire a deposit box if it is too much for you though.

Resort

Sauze is a great little resort, a traditional Italian mountain town which has loads of character and would suit all types of people from families to young folk. Apres is pretty good as well. some lovely restaurants and prices are pretty good with a beer costing around 4 - 4.5 euros. we did après at capanna at the sportinia lift area and then skied down at 6pm when the police clear the slopes.

weather

never had any experience of Spring season or skiing in a t shirt. the weather was unbelievable sunday to Friday with temps touching 18 degrees during the day but cold at night which set up the snow quite hard in the morning and softening during the day which was lovely. snowed all day on the Saturday and needed to wear jacket for first time and despite visibility being very poor we still had fun.

Milky way

brilliant ski area and skiing the downhills at sestriere and sansicario was a highlight as well as the very steep tetras black in montgenevre which was my toughest challenge yet on my fourth ski holiday. I will defo be returning and this was my best ski holiday yet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks mikeelsa, I'll be going to Sauze d'Oulx this same time next year, so a useful 'heads up' on possible late-season conditions snowHead

How were the snow depths btw - as compared with your previous post here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107940&highlight=
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I never even checked when I was there cause there was more than enough snow to ski on. got slushy low down in afternoon and last couple of hundred metres are struggling a little on way into resort. everything above 1800 m had more than enough to go to end of season.

my mate went yesterday so will check how things are holding up
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikeelsa, great stuff, thanks again. I'll probably be looking to head up higher anyway, towards Sestriere and even Montgenevre. Sauze is just where the hotel happens to be.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we spent most time in sestriere and also went to montgenevre which is well worth paying the 23 euros with crystal to get the coach a get the whole day skiing there. you can ski there which you can do in about two hours but 75% of that time will be on lifts and then you might get an hour there before having to head back so not worth it to be honest.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh right, thanks for the tip. We're going with Inghams who offer 'meet the pistes' ski guiding to their guests - which will be fine in Italy, but presumably stops at the French border Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would imagine they do the same thing. crystal did the ski guide thing on four of the days but nothing included going to france. bus takes 25-30 minutes and we were there for first lifts. the area is pretty easy to navigate despite the piste map looking as confusing as others.

we have done the ski guide thing with crystal before but find they start to late and we like going at our pace. they also stop for an hour at lunch. everyones different but I like to spend as much time on my skis as possible.

might see you there as we are hoping to return feb and march next year
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy