Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get the wife to let me go skiing twice next session !!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
To be honest, I reckon two weeks skiing when married to someone who doesnt enjoy skiinig is a tough ask for most. Even if money is not a constraint, holiday allowances are likely to be. If you work full time then you probably have 4 to 5 weeks which you could spend together on holiday. I think most other halves would feel pretty upset if you wnated to spend 40-50% of your holiday time apart. 1 week is pretty good going in my book.
I mean if you think of teh time you spend a) apart at work b) asleep then holiday time is a pretty big chunk of the time available to spend with your other half. Choose to spend half of it apart and what are you saying about the marriage Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well this is how it works in our household:

We ski as a family for 6 weeks of the year.
But i get maybe two other 10day trips stag.

In return whilst i must suffer through the year with only 1 week of beach time.
My wife and child go for 3or4 weeks down to the south of Spain.

To ensure family cohesion though we all spend 4or5 weeks of the summer together in the mountains.

It's a delicate balancing act but we seem to be making it work. I suggest anyone reading who has a partner and family try a similar set up.

Hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
midgetbiker, you spend 4 months on holiday or do you live in a ski resort? Either way, lucky you! We would all copy you if we could.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
/\ /\ /\ Well that's a LOT more polite than I was expecting. /\/\/\ Come on you lot you can do better.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
midgetbiker wrote:
/\ /\ /\ Well that's a LOT more polite than I was expecting. /\/\/\ Come on you lot you can do better.

you lazy b@stard
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
midgetbiker, are you retired?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
midgetbiker, OK well some of us have to work for a living (OH has own buisness no doesan't stop often) and also send our kids to school *& uni, look after 2 sets of elderly parents and still find time do some voluntary stuff as well. My life is as fulfilled as it can be, and in due course i will be able to ski more and care less, so that's all good.
Good luck to you. I cannot criticise you, only envy you.
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's a business trip Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyrew wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

you lazy b@stard

That's more like it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yorkshirelad wrote:
It's a business trip Madeye-Smiley

Oh always - well not so much the week on the beach.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum wrote:
midgetbiker, are you retired?

I was once, pretty much, but that was boring (in your 40's anyway), so now I'm not.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowyowl, not got to the uni bit yet (few years yet thank God) but the rest is all very familiar. The primary carer thing is a drag, but that's the reality of 21st century (longer) living. Managed to lose my parents over the last couple of years (careless I know, but they're worse than car keys), now I can't get the outlaws out of the house because they flew in whilst I was away skiing then have been declared unfit to fly home! Hence hiding in my office and wasting time on the internet, knew I shouldn't have come back from Chx on Monday, not with the snow still falling.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
midgetbiker,

congrats on getting to the state of financial independence that allows you that freedom at such a relatively early stage of life. It's impressive.

That said, this is disingenuous isn't it? -

Quote:

It's a delicate balancing act but we seem to be making it work. I suggest anyone reading who has a partner and family try a similar set up.

Hope this helps.

I'd guess this simply is not financially viable for 999 families out of 1000, so suggesting "anyone reading" should try it is absurd. Or simply gloating. I suspect the latter... And if you are both money rich and time rich it's hardly a delicate balance is it?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi thanks for all the replies some of them are very interesting and I’m shore will end in a divorce court. Toofy Grin
I have tried to get Judy to come skiing, nice hotel with beauty treatments the EOSB so lots of people to socials with. But she won’t have any of it. rolling eyes She happy for me to have a week but I’m so trying to improve my skiing that a week just not enough. I’m more than happy for her to do her own thing in fact I encourage it.
The only way I see me having two ski trips if I can find a way of making her think it’s her idea.That’s not going to be very easy or maybe I’ve got to go and fit a wood burner in a chalet as everybody else is too busy. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When you come back from your next trip instead of laying around knackered for a week act 'invigorated, fit and healthy' - get stuck in to diy, mowing the lawn etc etc. Tell her how great you feel and with a bit of luck she'll put it all down to the healthy pursuit of skiing. She'll be telling you to book that second week in no time. It can also help to put on your best worried frown and wonder out loud how many more years of skiing your body can give you? Good luck Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Class! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
jedster wrote:
midgetbiker,

congrats on getting to the state of financial independence that allows you that freedom at such a relatively early stage of life. It's impressive.

That said, this is disingenuous isn't it? -

Quote:

Hope this helps.

I'd guess this simply is not financially viable for 999 families out of 1000, so suggesting "anyone reading" should try it is absurd. Or simply gloating. I suspect the latter... And if you are both money rich and time rich it's hardly a delicate balance is it?

Well I was hoping that everyone would just tell me to eff off, but apparently my observations upset people too much for that.

No I'm not retired, nor particularly rich in either time or money. Surely the clue is in my sig.

Certainly it's disingenuous (i thought of it more as tongue in cheek), in the sense that i don't expect most PAYE 2+2 families to give our lifestyle a whirl, but it was meant to be a joke as opposed to gloating.

However I don't agree that it's not viable for 999 out of 1000, unless they are constrained by their own financial wants and other self erected barriers. We 'mostly' pick our own lives.
latest report
PS It is true to say though, that even my friends hate me.
snow conditions
midgetbiker, not just your friends Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, I can accept that.
ski holidays
One other option maybe to go in May or later on a glacier, skiing is only till early afternoon giving the rest of the day free for you and the wife to do something together.
Maybe stay near Innsbruck so lots of options for her in the morning and enough additional variety in the afternoons together.
ski holidays
midgetbiker wrote:

Well I was hoping that everyone would just tell me to eff off, but apparently my observations upset people too much for that.
No I'm not retired, nor particularly rich in either time or money. Surely the clue is in my sig.

They're not very good at stalking people on here, are they ... Carl?
What with this site being a breakaway from the T club with its high proportion of equine DNA, those of us of more normal means have observed the very high proportion of "minted" people on here.

Not that it doesnt mean I'm not currently sitting at ski day 25 this season Toofy Grin
snow report
I would announce that I wanted to go on 6 ski trips next winter and then compromise back to the required number.

Seriously .. I'm just waiting for the right moment to own up to wanting to go on the EoSB.

I've just got to pick my moment.

To help maters my dear wife has just returned from Singapore with a stonking great credit card bill !
snow conditions
Quote:

those of us of more normal means have observed the very high proportion of "minted" people on here.

Laughing
snow report
snowyowl,
Quote:

Strax, Lol Oh that's made my day! Sorry to laugh at you.but

For clarity, she left my keys on the counter at the gym...with my car parked outside by the main doors. The keys had the brand of car on them....
Both car and keys vanished, so I had to talk her through changing the locks that night.

Actually giving my car to the local chavs hurt more than her changing the locks while I was away. I now take my car to the airport for safe keeping.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Just tell her. Give her a smack if she complains. I find that starting the conversation with HEY BITCH often works well.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Ihave been the main bread winner in my household for nearly 25 years.. Funnily enough havnt been the main bread spender Shocked
snow conditions
Bought my wife a car and flew out to Colorado the next day for the 3rd trip of the season - she didn't have chance to say no Happy

This next season I have booked 2, and intend to make a snowHead bash the third, only problem being is she will be expecting a big gift again rolling eyes

She gets her 2 weeks in the sun, so cant complain Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CANV CANVINGTON,

I know this feeling Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I cant believe that people haven't suggested hiring a lovely gentleman to come around and use the iron you purchased for her. Its a win win - she can relax, you can ski, and she will happy for you to do a season the following year Razz
ski holidays
I went skiing twice this season without the wife, once on my own once with some friends. Part of the reason was my wife had minimal leave until the start of this month, and there was a possibility she could become pregnant. She likes skiing, doesn't love it one week a year or even every other year would probably do for her. I'd prefer she came with me, but she's happy for me to do my own thing too.

We get a decent amount of leave from our employers so it still leaves me with a few weeks to take holidays together too. She does her own thing at other times of the year too so it works all round and our marriage is better for it.
ski holidays
Most sensible reply so far was on the first page ....

lynseyf wrote:
Glen Charman, have you got kids that need looking after? Do you earn enough to pay for the ski trips yourself? If the answers are no and yes respectively then you have no problems, if you are asking your wife to look after your kids on her own for two weeks or pay for you to go skiing then tough, you don't deserve two ski trips Twisted Evil
snow conditions
That said - me and my partner have a 2-yr old and she's still happy for me to sneak in an extra weeks skiing on my own (which, would be my third week this season Cool ).

Twisted Evil

Edit .... damn, I'm starting to sound like midgetbiker!
ski holidays
Quote:

or maybe I’ve got to go and fit a wood burner in a chalet as everybody else is too busy

or fit a wood burner in a few winter mobile homes, then you can keep moving around from resort to resort Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Mentioned organising a ski trip for my other sports club last night. The room turned very icy very quickly. We've got kids, we love them dearly but any me time is remembered forever Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Seriously, my mate only tells his wife he's going about two days beforehand. He reckons 2 days of advanced grief is much preferrable to 6 months of intermediate grief.

On the same lads ski trip there's another guy that is supposedly on a 'business trip'. We have to keep all his ski kit and bags for him, and then we swap over the business trip cases for the ski bag in the airport car park.

the 2 other guys that share the car with him dread the journey back from the airport .... 2 hours in a car with the heating turned up full, wearing 3 of his work shirts each. Very Happy
snow report
Jeez you guys need new wives.
snow conditions
Quote:

2 days of advanced grief is much preferrable to 6 months of intermediate grief

Absolutely - though surely if this is his preferred modus operandi then I would expect his wife to be looking out for indicators that this is what is about to happen again!

Our approach is that my husband can take as many ski trips as he wants provided he takes me too!
Smile

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 9-04-14 15:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

Our approach is that my husband can take as many ski trips as he wants provided he takes me too!

Works for us too Happy
latest report
I go skiing when I want to - it's not up to my husband to tell me what to do! We spend most of our time together when we can but he's away a lot so I have to do what makes me happy. I've just arranged 8 days skiing next Christmas, followed by leaving for 2 1/2 months skiing a few weeks later, and I did ask what he thought of the plan but there was never any suggestion that I wouldn't do it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy