Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get the wife to let me go skiing twice next session !!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve seen two ski trip I want to do next session the Inside Out BASI Tune-Up and Snow Shepherd Off Piste week. Very Happy
My wife has no interest in skiing at all; she thinks it’s a holiday. I keep trying to get her to understand that skiing is a sport a calling a way of life not a holiday. She just thinks I’m obsessed with skiing !!!! Sad
Now how the hell am I going to get her to let me go twice next year Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A good start might be to stop callimg her 'the wife'. You'd be amazed at the transformational effect that a little respect can have on a relationship.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bribe her with a new iron.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonny Jones, Basil, Cool

Quote:

she thinks it’s a holiday

poor little fluffy-headed thing....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tell her you are going out to get a newspaper. wink
My buddy didn't tell his wife we were going away for 2 weeks - It didn't work out too well for him when he returned + my name is mud as he blamed it on me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny Jones, I have every repect for my wife she wouldn't like it if I refered to her as the other half
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

my name is mud as he blamed it on me.

some buddy, that. Laughing Glen Charman, you mean she likes being called "the wife"?

You'll need to meet the argument head on, on her terms. What are her reasons for not wanting you to go skiing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pay for her to go on an expensive holiday at the destination of her choice at the same time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Pay for her to go

that's just the sort of language which needs to be avoided in this sort of discussion - at least in those marriages where resources and decisions about priorities are shared.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why not take her with you, there's usually plenty of activities for non skiers. She might even get the bug. Failing that she could always get the supper on while you are enjoying the après Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glen Charman, Do you actually know that she's not interested? Could she be persuaded to try..maybe with some friends? Nice resort with a spa and shops, tennis and a pool...late season for the sun. Or would she try some other snowsport? Then you could go together. Otherwise what would she like to do? Have you actually asked her? I'm sure there are things she would like to do that you wouldn't want to do - yoga retreat, cookery course, cruise...there are thousands of possibilities, including lying on beaches if that's what she likes. Could she take her Mum/sister/friend? If you have kids then I can perfectly well understand why she doesn't want to be left on her own with them..it's hard work..!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know about how to persuade the wife to let you go skiing twice by yourself next season, but if anyone has any ideas on how to persuade my mum to let me go once by myself...........................
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One word.

Diamonds.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glen Charman, just talk to the bloody woman, idiot. You must have had to do this at least once or twice, what with sharing the same house and everything. rolling eyes

And she is entirely correct - if you go skiing once or twice a year it isn't a calling or a way of life, it's a holiday and you are obsessed with it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree with Snowyowl ! Get your wife to go to go too ! My ma in law had the nerve to suggest that it would be nice if my hubby went skiing with his brother and not me and I said that actually if there is any holidaying to the slopes going on, then of course I am going too.
I often take a day out from my cross country and go hiking or touring about and it is always fun.
I would be very unhappy with Musher if he went off to the snow without me. I would probably turn up there anyway if he tried it. Life is too short to stay at home and be rained on. Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Why not take her with you

the language in this thread is hilarious. "Take her with you". So much less paperwork than taking the dog. Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:
'Pay for her to go

that's just the sort of language which needs to be avoided in this sort of discussion - at least in those marriages where resources and decisions about priorities are shared.'

I'm actually feeling slightly offended by this. If my husband wants to spend money on what he wants to be able to spend money on why shouldn't money be spent on what I want to do as well? And despite me being the major breadwinner - it is our money and if he was going on a ski holiday we would both be paying for it, and if 'he' paid to me as I tongue in cheek indicated when I said 'pay for her to go' we would be both paying for it. If you are going to spend a fair bit of the family budget on your predilections then prid pro quo for the other partner.
latest report
That's why I suggested the iron.
ski holidays
J9, it wasn't obvious that the "pay for her to go" was tongue in cheek. wink And I suspect the "take her with you" wasn't.
Quote:

And despite me being the major breadwinner - it is our money and if he was going on a ski holiday we would both be paying for it, and if 'he' paid to me as I tongue in cheek indicated when I said 'pay for her to go' we would be both paying for it.

that's exactly what I meant when I talked about shared resources and shared priorities for expenditure.

Basil - I did recognise the iron was tongue in cheek. Laughing
latest report
Quote:

That's why I suggested the iron.

Smile
snow report
My husband had never seen a ski before he met me. We've been together 3.5yrs we've done a season, and 6 ski holidays.

I guess some of us just have the knack
snow report
Both myself and SWMBKCU always go one week together but Kirsten doesn't mind me going the second week providing she can choose our late summer/autumn holiday 😃
snow report
I guess it depends on a few factors, are you using up the annual holiday family budget, will there be funds for her to have a week away with the girls or somewhere nice for both of you later in the year. Personally for me the deal breaker is if you have kids. When our kids were younger I didn't like being at home alone minding the kids while hubby was away on holiday and tbh in those early days a second week away would not have been on the cards. No they are all older I wouldn't mind if he went away for a second week but once there would be a holiday together later in the year. Also is a second week away likely to be a once off which would help your cause or if you get a liking for it are you likely to want to go for a second week again next year.
ski holidays
Only twice? You are not trying hard enough. Been/planning to be away 4 times this winter. The Mrs was only on one of those trips....
snow report
Glen Charman, have you got kids that need looking after? Do you earn enough to pay for the ski trips yourself? If the answers are no and yes respectively then you have no problems, if you are asking your wife to look after your kids on her own for two weeks or pay for you to go skiing then tough, you don't deserve two ski trips Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Have you tried the direct approach.

" I am skiing two weeks next year. I am so excited, You should try it"

but +1 to lynseyf
ski holidays
Basil wrote:
Bribe her with a new iron.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Picture the scene...
Dear, I'm goin skiing for 2 weeks next season. But look, I've bought you a new iron. It's got an extra large water tank, so you won't have to keep stopping to refill it.
Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just starting back myself after a long layoff and planning on taking better half and kids next year who at present do not ski.

She has suggested I just go on my own so not sure what the rest off you are doing wrong but maybe I should charge a fee as she is happy if I went more than once Very Happy
latest report
ALQ, And it was in the sale.
ski holidays
Just tell her. Give her a smack if she complains. I find that starting the conversation with HEY BITCH often works well.
snow conditions
Glen Charman, Simple, I just call it work Toofy Grin
snow report
MrsP_Musher, Mr snowy just went away with 2 of his friends (a couple). I "allowed" him to go - but I don't like this particular pair of his friends at all, they are all take and no give - and the last thing I would want to do is spend 5 days with them, playing gooseberry, and I wouldn't want to have to ski at their level - one intermediate and one second weeker- all the time, that would have been very tiresome. So it was a good option to have to stay at home, do the school runs, get on with my work and spend time with teenage son at the weekend. In return I am going to go away with a girlfriend for a few days later this year. I am not expecting any trouble from him about that.
I could do with a new iron though, should have thought of that
rolling eyes snowHead
latest report
PS How come you people married/got together with people who can't ski? When we got engaged and told our parents, the first thing my Dad asked mr snowy was "Do you ski?"! (he had been on school trip once, so yes...phew! Dad asked my sister's fiance the same Q and he said No. He had to learn PDQ.
snow report
pam w, it may seem hilarious but makes perfect sense to me. Why doesn't the OP pay for her instead of it coming out of her (or a joint) account. He is the one that loves skiing and she has no interest in it, so taking her might just work...
ski holidays
It's give an take - my wife matches my "lads week" in Val D'Isere with a "girls week" week in the sun, simple - everyone's happy
latest report
Quote:

Why doesn't the OP pay for her instead of it coming out of her (or a joint) account.

Well, if they have the sort of marriage where they have their own private money it might indeed be nice if he bought her a present. But she might just not have the slightest wish to go on the ski holiday with him, even if he is paying with his "own money". I would not want to go on a cruise, for example, even if somebody else was paying.

We didn't have "private" money. I was the main breadwinner but all resources, from any source, were joint so decisions about spending priorities were joint.
snow report
Oral sex
snow conditions
Timberwolf, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Buy her a horse. If she's into it even half as much as my OH she won't even notice if you go 6 or 8 times rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy