Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots with width recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have been skiing for the last couple of years and have always rented boots. A common problem I have had is discomfort with the width of the boot squashing the foot. Can anyone recommend brands of ski boots that come in a larger width size which will resolve this issue.

Many thanks

Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head, Nordica 102 last
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Head Vectors are a 103mm last I believe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In rentals often head. For buying, just ask the bootfitter in the shop.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi - I have a wide foot and the only boots that have fitted me well have been Head Adaptedge which have an adjustable last of 102 - 104 mm last (I have mine on the 104 setting). There are several models in the range with different flex ratings - the highest being the 110 flex Adaptedge Ltd. This is the model that I have and they perform well and are really comfortable.

Cheers

Aled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smmjh11, worth looking at Atomic Live Fit range.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
smmjh11, what size are you? I have some atomic b90s which you could buy for about the same as one week of rental. They are wide, 104mm from memory.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smmjh11, what size are you? I have some atomic b90s which you could buy for about the same as one week of rental. They are wide, 104mm from memory.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go and see a good fitter and buy the boots they say suit your feet, what suits one person won't fit someone else. Let us know where you live and we can suggest one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
before randomly going out and buying any one of the numerous boots listed above (which are all among the widest available) it is worth seeing if it is purely width which is causing your problems....

it could be due to either excessive pronation of the foot or a limited flexibility of the ankle joint, both of these will cause your foot to abduct (turn outwards) which will make it "function" wider than it is, if you can deal with the underlying cause then the problem may not be a problem.

Forefoot width is one of these things that every one with a wide foot and a lot of shops focus on, what is so much more important is the fit of the heel and ankle area of the boot, the instep height and the rate at which the boot tapers from the widest part back towards the heel, for a boot fitter getting the fit around the heel and ankle correct is the number one concern for a starting point, reason.... it is very easy to make a boot wider in the forefoot 7-8mm per side can be done, a lot more on a point stretch (bunion for example)

hope that helps, good luck getting sorted
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just like to say thank you for taking the time to reply.

Size wise I think they were 28.5 (Canadian measurements ) from my last rental.

I live in Bedfordshire so I would assume that Milton Keynes would be the best place to go unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Mark
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Go see Cem at Solutions4feet in Bicester, he is one of the best fitters there is and won't sell you a boot if he hasn't got the right one for you. Oh and out of interest what size foot are you, my first rental boots were a 28.5 for my size 9 ish feet, my own boots are a 27 and fit me much better! And that is by no means a super tight high performance race fit.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I also have wide feet. UK 8 G and H width.
Any suggestions re brands for light and beefy plus touring function and also for tele?

Every ski boot I've had has made me cry. Rossigniol bandit xx , BD factors and scarpa TX2
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pah, nothing..my neighbour has forefoot measured at 115!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ed123, Bootfitter!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy