Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la tania or alpe duez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
advice please for a family holiday w/c 5th april 1 adult & 1 child boarder and 1 adult & 1 child skier (adult skier v cautious so needs some easy blues) - what would you suggest - la Tania or alpe duez, not fussed about mad après ski but like to go out for nice meals in the evening - thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpe d'Huez is great for beginners and early intermediates, however all of the easy pistes back to town are south-facing and turn to deep slush in late season. I have been there in early April and we were virtually water-skiing!

La Tania would be a better bet as it holds the snow - and especially as snow is on the way which will top everything up.

Just my opinion of course.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went to Alpe D'Huez last Easter which was earlier than this year and by lunch it was very wet indeed on the return pistes. Also rock hard in the morning too - otherwise fine - very sunny - lots of scorched people about!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ADH town is much bigger than La Tania so if you eating out every evening there will be more options.

Skiing wise nothing in it IMO. Lower slopes of ADH will get very slushy as will the Meribel valley if you go over that way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why not go higher. Val thorens is FAR better in April than either ADH or LA Tania.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Home runs into La Tania are possibly not ideal if you're 'cautious'. Foleyres is at the top end of what blue means. There is a green alternative, but it carries a lot of traffic at hometime, and does have one very steep bit. Easy to make wrong turns off it as well, and end up on the reds.

Having said that, the greens and blues down into and around Courchevel are all straightforward (and mostly very pleasing), and that area sounds like it would suit your group. You could always download on the LT bubble at end of play.

I'm a big fan of both. LT would just tip it for me though even with the above caveat, since although the greens at LDH are great for beginners, the blues to progress to aren't.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go along with Mr Pieholeo's assessment, particularly the blues to progress to in AdH - they can be demanding for a cautious skier, especially when things get chopped up, as they may well do at that time of the season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all for your thoughts, I am booking La Tania tonight as I think that will suit us all - thanks again x
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy