Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How depressed do you get?

Poster: A snowHead
When it's all over for the year?

I'm definitely struggling
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have to confess I'm quite happy when winter comes to an end. Possibly to ski all year round if you miss it so much...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peanuthead wrote:
When it's all over for the year?

I'm definitely struggling

yes, it doesnt pay to have ones last week of skiing the 2nd week of february. Other years I have managed to get away spring skiing so have something to look forward to still at this time
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Am I depressed when the sun starts shining, the birds are dawn-chorusing, lambs are leaping around the fields and the water is getting warmer for sailing? Nope, not at all.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
peanuthead, as mentioned above, don't let it finish too soon. Mind you I really felt last year after 60+ days that I hadn't done enough...certainly not enough steeps nor enough slushy bumps.

But summer means hot, barbeques, lying by the (public) pool, biking, walking...sunshine, sunny lunches...

Not complaining.

Defo need to do something about November though Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quality motorbike time is the only thing that keeps me sane...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm with rob@rar,, I've been skiing since Christmas and I feel the summer calling.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not long until summer skiing Smile
Have had the pleasure of LDA (several times) Zermatt, Tignes (several times) Bormio and Cairngorm in summer. They've not specifically been ski trips - a day or two included in summer camping holiday. For quality of ski-ing and all round things-to-do especially for families I would put Tignes top of that list.

Does anyone know about Val Thorens for summer? I understand that some years it happens but isn't advertised as much as the other resorts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very - the week after my trip I am so low it is unbelievable

Especially when you read about everyone who has 17-trips each season Confused

Good luck to you - I'm only jealous - one day I'll manage it
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I only go skiing because in the UK it is hard to sit outside in the sunshine eating lunch in the rain. Luckily May to October provides lots of opportunities to eat lunch in the sunshine.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do feel a bit down at the end of every ski trip. But it doesn't last long, I start riding the motorbike in to work pretty soon after the last ski trip and the mountain bike keeps me sane (& fit) when I'm not skiing too. I think I would go mad on only one ski trip a season though!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Time to get my mountain bike out... Not depressed at all, just wishing the trails around Garmisch were snow free!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm currently packing, leaving home at 2am snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Finish packing tonight, leave at 6am Very Happy any of you guys do guiding or instructing in Tignes?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Finished packing and ready to go… snowHead
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
Finished packing and ready to go… snowHead

Show off! wink
snow conditions
I wouldn't say depressed, maybe a bit miffed this year due the mrs injury putting the brakes on another trip but hey ho.

I've got the road bike back out and entered an event which gives me something to look forward to.
ski holidays
I think depressed is a little strong. I really look forward to going from the day it gets booked, but the year moves on very quickly. shortly after skiing the weather is improving, time to blow the dust off the motorbike, get the MTB's serviced and running smooth. wake the dog up get out and walk it. loads of stuff to do in the garden. when I feel like a bit of a slide pop off to Hemel for an hour or two, that's especially nice on real warm summer days. before you know it you are thinking about getting back into ski readiness and then youre off again. come back cycle starts again.
no time to get into any sort of depression about it. Just keep your self busy.
snow conditions
homers double, I agree. Get on your bike. Nothing like a decent length ride for curing the blues. Good thinking time. And there's something exquisite about the mixture of pain, suffering and joy associated with a long bike ride.
snow conditions
peanuthead, why not do a Scottish weekend next month. I skied 18th May last year at Cairngorm (last day lifts were open, I think) including great off piste gullies.
Decide the date nearer the time depending on weather forecast. Drive up with a friend or overnight train, or Easyjet Friday evening (then hire a car) and back Sunday evening . Plus cheap B & B

However I can't do it this year so I admit I'm a bit depressed - Broke my leg 10 weeks ago on the 3rd day of 28 booked. So currently doing physio and starting to plan next year. One guide booked (Philippe André) La Grave.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 21-03-14 13:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
snowball, ouch. That would pee me off.....
latest report
JanA wrote:

Does anyone know about Val Thorens for summer? I understand that some years it happens but isn't advertised as much as the other resorts.

I don't think they have summer skiing in VT anymore, I think the glacier has shrunk too much!
ski holidays
dobby, couldn't agree more. In fact, there's something very similar about the ski outs through the trees when I went cat skiing, and a nice flowing bit of single track on the mtb. It's all good!
ski holidays
Yep, i get down but lift my spirits by booking summer breaks.
Off to spain in three weeks, camping in devon in June and camping in the Vendee in Aug......Then it will be time to start watching the snow cams for next year
snow report
If you get depressed because you're not doing something you only do for a few weeks a year (ie going on paid holidays) then life's gonna be pretty bloody miserable. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Been trying to persuade Mrs Gix to sell the place in La Vendee and buy a mountain place for ages, but she's just not up for it, she just loves the sun!
latest report
A bit sad this year, as a work commitment was extended to cover what was to have been my last week's skiing of the season beginning on 5th April. So my last ski for this season was 9th March...too early. I mustn't moan, as we ski more than most, but it is my absolute passion. I keep scouring my diary for a late weekend or couple of days at the end of April, but it's looking remote. The snow forecast for the next week or so is even more frustrating! I must admit I am seriously considering a Warren Smith course in Cervinia over the summer. Last year we spent our summer hols in the Alps too, which was fab..
snow report
gixxerniknik wrote:
Been trying to persuade Mrs Gix to sell the place in La Vendee and buy a mountain place for ages, but she's just not up for it, she just loves the sun!

got lost in them canals a few years back. nice place (when you know your way home!) Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
provenjohn, gixxerniknik, queen bodecia, bit more packing tonight, ready to go first thing Sunday! snowHead snowHead

But yes, I will massively depressed when I get back, as that will be it until December, or maybe even next year Sad
latest report
pam w wrote:
If you get depressed because you're not doing something you only do for a few weeks a year (ie going on paid holidays) then life's gonna be pretty bloody miserable. rolling eyes

Life (when not skiing) pretty bloody miserable?

Yes, it bloody is!
snow report
Why get depressed? There's still plenty of skiing left, although if you looked in the ski shops, you'd think winter ended a month ago. Go ski!
ski holidays
Sitting in Endo's at 15:30, second pint of 1554, climbed the hill before the first lift opened . . . Got to the top just as the first chair unloaded rolling eyes Missed the beautiful sunrise but turned on the camera anyway for it to go . . . NehNeh . . . Didn't bring a spare battery. Evil or Very Mad

but a fantastic day on hard, crisp piste and finally did a Ted and got my hip to the deck . . . You can't feel depressed after a day like this . . . Well just a bit after the 500m track to recover a ski that taught you that you're not Mr Ligety Toofy Grin
snow report
Can only justify/ afford one week with the family (3 of us) so always end up feeling blue after our week away and hope my numbers come up in time for another week Puzzled
snow report
Bags packed, well nearly, ready to fly home tamarra Sad
My other passion is Scuba Diving, so got that to look forward to later in on the year 😃
Then once thats done hopefully there will be the day excursion to Finland in December, then the season kicks off again shortly afterwards. So depressed? No not really 😃
snow conditions
peanuthead, Depressed..? Yer havin' a laugh. Having been told I have less than a year I have license to be depressed.... You.... MTFU!
ski holidays
allanm, what do you mean?
ski holidays
AJQ wrote:
My other passion is Scuba Diving, so got that to look forward to later on in the year 😃
Then once thats done hopefully there will be the day excursion to Finland in December, then the season kicks off again shortly afterwards. So depressed? No not really 😃
snow report
AJQ wrote:
My other passion is Scuba Diving, so got that to look forward to later on in the year 😃
snow conditions
Haven't a Scoobies as to what has happened here ....... Puzzled
ski holidays
We bought a caravan, so once the board and skis are dry and stored, the surf board comes out...no long hot exotic summer holidays for us, just as many weekend trips to Polzeath and Croyde as we can cram in. We're doing a week in May for £120... Mind you, we do have a cheeky week in Sainte Foy on the horizon Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy