Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski schools in Arc 2000?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wonder if anyone can help me out with recommendations for Arc 2000. There are surprisingly few recent reviews. I have searched this forum and elsewhere, and posts are old and generally recommend Spirit 1950. So I rang them and they said they have a branch in 2000, which turns out to be the Evolution ski school. But I saw a review somewhere dismissing Evolution as crap!

It is important as I am trying to book lessons for my companion, who is a first-timer, and I don't want to get it wrong - after all I booked 2000 because I read that it is good for beginners...

In other news, I am worried that the snow this weekend will close all the lifts at 2000, something I had not previously considered. I will not be happy if I get stranded without skiing...

Thanks, as ever, in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
privates or group? Evo seemed fine to us, not AMAZING but very competent and good fun. Something will be open, and it's only one lift to the trees at 1600 in bad weather. Great choice for beginners - easy runs, snowsure, easy to get around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know there is an ESF option in Arc 2000 as have booked it for my children. We are staying in Arc 1950 but the children want to get their ESF Bronze/gold star so we are taking them to Arc 2000 for lessons. I've no idea how good any of the ski schools are as it is a long time since our last trip to Les Arcs.

However if you want Spirit ski school I assume you could ski down to the Arc 1950 meeting point.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WellingtonBoot, Man, you are a stress ball wink Laughing

It was me who rubbished Evo in 2000, we used them and they were crap. best option actually is Spirit 1950. There is a free lift from 2000 to 1950 and it very easy to ski to as well. 2nd option would be ESF in 2000. We have used both. I prefer Spirit but they are more expensive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just came back from Arc 2000, we used Evo school as well for my partner and myself, private lessons. Her teacher was good - good English, attentive and made her feel comfortable. His names was Simon. Mine on the other hand was not so good, mostly because her English was very limited (good for basic small talk, but no so good for teaching anything), even though I was assured I would get someone who could explain things to me, of course when I wanted to change teacher it was too late and everyone was already booked up.

So, at the end it is a hit and miss with that school. I would not recommend it myself, try Spirit 1950 (they will send you to Evo, but insist you want them). To get there either ski down or you can take a free lift down that runs every few minutes. Those two resorts are really close.

Arc 2000 turned out to be a good area for beginners, St. Jacques lift would be your starting place for one or two days, nice easy runs, few options once you get to the top of the lift. Also, keep in mind that it is free at weekends, so no need for a pass! It is a little slow though, but nothing major.

Once you/you companion graduate to a more challenging blues, you could go up to the top on the Arcabulle lift where there are also gentle blue options down to the village, Make sure to ask your instructor to show you where everything is!

Any more questions, let me know.

Stay safe and enjoy your holiday Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for responses guys. Unfortunately I didn't have all of them when I made my decision...Based on what some people had written here and elsewhere though, I went for the Evolution 2 option for her beginner lessons...sorry. I hope they will be ok - how much can go wrong when you're just teaching somebody to snowplow, eh...? Anyway, if they are run by the same people, you'd hope the standards would be similar. I'll post here afterwards anyway.

thefatcontroller, hahaha, I know that must come across, but I'm not like this normally! I just find that there is a lot of responsibility with putting together a whole skiing holiday for two people from scratch when you're also quite concerned that a new skier with you will like it as much as you do!

Thanks again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
for beginner lessons convenience really helps. lifts up and down to get to your lessons just add to the stress. I think you've made the right choice personally. ESF are easily as much of a lottery as evo.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WellingtonBoot, You will be fine. Safe trip out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy