Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with deciding where to go for April the 5th and what's a good price

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been looking for a ski holiiday for 2 people, flying from belfast, for the 5th of April. Up in till about now i've not found anything great, but there are now a few possibilities on igluski. I just want the cheapest holiday (preferably a catered chalet) in the most snow sure place. Igluski have places like Courchevel, La Plagne and Chamonix all for around £450. Is this a good price or should I risk it (flights from belfast may run out) and wait another week or so for a better deal? And what about the resorts?
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello Very Happy

£450 sounds pretty good for a catered chalet (so long as the chalets have ok reviews)!

Can't comment on those resorts but Tignes would also be a good snow sure option and the Tour Ops usually have plenty of places there.

We've booked two holidays this year through Crystal with Scotland flights and have noticed that much nearer the time flights are no longer available, and prices have increased again, so may be a similar situation for you in Belfast?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kmillar545, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

You have a PM (top right in Send/Read messages
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kmillar545, £450 is a good price. We took advantage of a similar deal earlier in the week with Iglu, turns out the tour op is Inghams, so even happier as we've had some really good holidays with them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone!
Weirdly I cant find any reviews (not on tripadvisor) for many of the chalets I've been looking at on Igluski, any ideas why?
Yeah think I won't leave it too much longer to book, definitely wouldn't want to miss out because of no more seats!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Iglu ski are an agent that book on your behalf to other companies. Their chalets are likely ski total though the courcheval ones I think could be inghams if same I was looking at.

Used igluski a few times and recommend. One thing is the availability seems to be updated each morning so you may be looking at something sold out or with room configs no good. Worth calling
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kmillar545, I think it?s pretty good. we'd look at more than your accom budget fornaccom onlx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The chalet we're staying in has no reviews on tripadvisor either, although we usually take tripadvisor reviews with a pinch of salt. Think it could possibly be due to the number of guests a chalet can hold. If it's only 8 people per week, then less chance of someone putting a review on tripadvisor, even less chance if the TO have only had use of that chalet this season.

I know igluski had some Inghams chalets, Skiworld and ski total this week. Of the places we were interested in the igluski chap was telling me which ones were the nicer chalets, although we were very restricted anyway by wanting a room for 3 people. Ours was £420, but there were others coming in at £380, which is amazing regardless of the state of the chalet (we're not fussy as long as we have a bed to sleep in!).

Have a look at Alpine Answers too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kmillar545, if you find something you like the look of for that week I'd book it now as it is the first week of the Easter school holidays for most of UK so there might not be too much left and there might still be interest.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try chalets direct solutions room. They send your request to independent / small operators who get back with great prices. We asked for offers for 5 of us for 2 weeks at Easter ( 2 adults 3 kids) and had quotes for half board not including transfers or flights from £2400. Ultimately we got flights Sunday -Sunday and got a v good deal including transfers and espace Lilly passes for about £500 per person. The passes are worth approx £170 per person per week so a v good price. Get your flights and the rest will follow. We are going to Tignes which is just great. The cheaper ones were In samoens and la Tania and included some utterly beautiful chalets. But we are going high and to a largish chalet hotel so the kids have other kids.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jet2 had a very reasonable price for return flights from East Mids to Chambery, Saturday-Saturday. Which would work well with ed123, suggestion.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hammerite, OP needs to fly from Belfast
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good point Montana.

Jet2 have even better prices for flights to Geneva from Belfast on the same day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy