Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How excited do you get?

Poster: A snowHead
@2waterford, Believe it or not it may snow again before the 27th of January. Can't help you on the knee problems though, hope they get sorted enough so you can use all the snow that's sure to arrive.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robapplegate wrote:
@2waterford, Believe it or not it may snow again before the 27th of January. Can't help you on the knee problems though, hope they get sorted enough so you can use all the snow that's sure to arrive.

The knee is fine, ready for action, it is actually 27th of december we arrive and spent the last few weeks saying the snow will come, but that mantra is now beginning to wear thin and maybe it wont. Blush
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@2waterford, Sorry you mentioned the new year crowds, I thought you meant the snow surviving them not you, hence I assumed January not December Embarassed
Where are you headed, I know the snow has started in Austria so would assume it's likely to hit other parts of the alps too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are going to east tyrol in Austria. Just having a wobble today. Hopefully it will all come together. It is our last family holiday so hoping it will be special.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@2waterford, remember December 2011!

I still get the same excitement as when I first started skiing every season, back in January 2002! Shocked snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@PaulC1984, Courchevel 1850, this Sunday. Still checking the weather reports 100 times an hour in the vain hope they'll change! I've switched to hire skis now. Sorry in advance to the hire shop for the state they may return in.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@2waterford, You wouldn't be heading to Matrei/grossglockner area would you?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@HoneyBunny, Fingers crossed for you then
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robapplegate wrote:
@2waterford, You wouldn't be heading to Matrei/grossglockner area would you?

No Lofer/Waidring wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've struggled to find the stoke so far but as the ski's, boots and majority of luggage have to be at my parents house for next wednesday to be loaded up for the car journey it's finally starting to appear!

New ski's, boots goggles and hopefully a jacket will put me in a good mood, new skis for mrsHD will help her out too!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jellylegs, Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We don’t have a summer holiday anymore. The cost of living and all that. We’ve opted for the skiing trip.

I’m “super stoked” about skiing and snow and get way too excited about it. About 4 years ago I started off-piste skiing and it opened up a whole new world to me. But we can only afford one holiday and my wife would like to do other things some years. And together with the fact that last year (trip before last) I got a bug, was sick all week and missed all my skiing, I began to wonder whether it was healthy being this attached to something so fleeting. So I spent the early part of the year trying to find something else I could get enthusiastic about. I bought a mountain bike. I do like it and I live on the edge of the New Forest so it’s very beautiful, but it’s rather flat! I’ve rekindled my waterskiing (very expensive). I tried that Airkixx wind tunnel (very booked up). But then I did find something that’s nearly as much fun. It’s . . . . . . . . . skiing! Dryslope freestyle. All three of the slopes nearby have some form of jumps and rails and it’s pretty good fun! Not as much fun as having miles and miles of the stuff and I'm getting a bit old and inflexible, but it keeps me in skis all year.

But I still find myself sitting here reading the forum and thinking "Youtube ; that's what I should be doing"!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@2waterford, Don't know those, I'll have to check them out.
@henzerani, We opt for the ski trip every time. Summer is spent on camping trips in britain not that thats a bad thing Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm so excited about our ski trip in January I've dug out the Arlberg piste map & stuck it over our hall mirror so I can gaze at it every day & pick routes I want to try out.... We didn't have a skiing holiday last year so I think I'm allowed to be over excited!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Now that the Austrian resorts are starting to partially open this weekend the excitement levels are starting to creep up.

Husband just loaded the address of our B&B for our first night in Grabenstatt into the Sat Nav. snowHead been checking out Piste Map for Saalbach today as we are planning a day skiing there this time. snowHead
ski holidays
@sazza42, you think that's bad. I framed a piste map of Courcheval when I got back from there last year. And I've spent all year memorising it. Annoyingly, my group have decided to buy a whole area pass this time, so I'll have to get it out of its frame and turn it over. And I really need a Meribel one. Do you know, it's quite hard to find a decent piste map unless you're in resort. We ought to set up an exchange system. Everyone pick up a pile while they're there.
snow report
henzerani wrote:
@sazza42, Do you know, it's quite hard to find a decent piste map unless you're in resort. We ought to set up an exchange system. Everyone pick up a pile while they're there.

Have you tried contacting the local tourist office. Don't know if the French are as helpful as the Austrians. I have a large collection of Austrians piste maps, all sent to me by each tourist office that I have emailed
ski holidays
2waterford, ha ha, so simple! Why didn't I think of that before. Thanks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
henzerani wrote:
2waterford, ha ha, so simple! Why didn't I think of that before. Thanks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was also asking on here is any snow headers had any spare piste maps until I was pointed in the direction of local tourist offices.
snow conditions
Very excited only 8 days till the off. 550 miles to drive and a week of snow and vin chaud. Does not get any better. French alps has snow and I can hear it calling me. Lol. Cool Very Happy
snow conditions
45 days wait for me, hopefully there's a bit of a lull in the excitement levels, not quite sure that I can sustain the current level. THe one saving grace is that at least I have two weeks off work in the interim, which I shall be putting to good use by drinking too much.
snow conditions
17 days to go for me Toofy Grin I am taking three pairs of skis, touring kit, plus all the ice climbing gear... this trip is gonna be epic. Very, very excited.
snow report
I'm only getting one long weekend this year in March and I'm very excited Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Scarpa, Where are you headed?
ski holidays
@Carlmich, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I was excited when I put the deposit down for Arabba, can't wait now!

Skiing every weekend as well now though with a short break for christmas, so hoping I get the confidence/technique up to a point where I can keep up now.
latest report
@PaulC1984, Austria again, Amade region. But I'll drive down the make the EOSB, can't miss one of those Toofy Grin
snow report
@Scarpa, Have fun Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will do, I'm bound to meet up with many sHs while I am there. Anyone heading out.. PM me Toofy Grin
snow report
@Scarpa, alas ill be in tignes. without checking are you on the BB?
ski holidays
This time next week, we'll be driving off the eurotunnel in Calais, and heading down to the Alps for the week. I'm so excited now, I dread to think how I'll be in a week's time.
I've added links to all the webcams from the resort to the homepage of my iPad and phone and I think I may have worn the buttons out looking at them so often!
The pistes look to have between 50-150cm of snow according to the local tourist board, it's just the last run back down in to the village which looks impassable at the moment - fingers crossed for a little more snow in the next week! Very Happy
ski holidays
What a set of sad people you are !!!!!!... I'm going to champoluc in January and again in February, but only to keep my wife company you understand...
But do I get excited like a kid ?
Do I watch webcams four times a day?
Watch other people's headcams on YouTube ?
Wander around local ski shop each week for no reason touching new skis ?
Wax my own skis twice while drinking vin chaud ?
Will I pack my ski gear 3 weeks before we go ?
HELL YEAH...... !!!!!
Today the sun is out and it's cold, going into halifax to stand at an outdoor Italian cafe bar and drink hot chocolate & rum ... Close my eyes and pretend I'm in Italy .. Now that's how to be really sad!! (Although standing in middle of halifax with ski boots on could add to the moment)
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, Nope, afraid it's only the EOSB for the sHs events for me. But I'm sure looking forward to my third season running in Austria. I think I've finally found the fabled work / life balance.
ski holidays
24 days, yippee, I have been on snow heads all morning and not a jot of work done, also have webcam on favourites so I check out the resort very often, have drooled over piste maps, have checked out other areas, with Christmas quite close and a lot of work to do before that, I know once Christmas is over I will be like a dog with two tails, I won't know what to do with myself.@Scarpa, Your sig makes me laugh every time I see it.
latest report
It's not fair to laugh at misfortune but there is one here that made me laugh out loud , its 2.00, also the poor boarder that can't manage the t bar ,

http://youtube.com/v/RfYI6hxUM44
ski holidays
@biddpyat, Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
@biddpyat, Twisted Evil Laughing
snow report
I'm 24 years old and ski far too much, but before every trip I can't sleep the night before leaving, am constantly checking snow reports despite knowing exactly how the conditions are.

I'm definitely still a child...
ski holidays
I think we all are, lol. If I won the lotto a villa in the alps would be a purchase, I love the mountains. The whole family are snowheads, it is certainly addictive,
ski holidays
I'd booked a lads trip in March, should be a laugh but I wasn't that excited.

Now been allowed out on a proper trip mid-Jan; DEAD excited snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy