Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How excited do you get?

Poster: A snowHead
Hugely obsessed booked twice for 2015 already having done 3 this season! A newbie to it having only been x4 times but it's great. I'm sure jobs invented iPads for blokes to be able to research gear to buy for these technical hobbies!! Just great love the snow, the mrs can't understand it....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Legend. wrote:
As your annual ski holiday approaches?

Well, as the "annual" ski holiday lately had become "bi-monthly" (in the winter months), I had to contain the excitement or I'll not be able to get any work done.

Truth be told, I don't get all excited given how many times I get to ski. It has always been an intergral part of winter, but more so the last few years. I'm due to leave in 2 days for a 2 week ski holiday and I'm not "excited" but just consumed by all the logistic surrounding it, the packing, the travel detail, etc. I suppose I should be excited about such a lovely long holiday, except this is the second one (2 week ski holiday) this season! Smile So I'm more focus on that I got everything I need and the house doesn't collapse while I'm away for so long...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
abc, me too. but the first trip of the season does get the adrenaline going.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells wrote:
abc, me too. but the first trip of the season does get the adrenaline going.

I have the luxury of (at least trying to) fitting in a local skiing day or two at the early part of the season so usually my first AWAY trip isn't quite so dramatic (and intimidating).

I'm not the most organized person in the world. If I have to get on a plane every time I go skiing, I'd be too anxious about the whole thing. It might be too much for me...

(I don't do summer holidays. Summer is too nice locally to let it to waste by going away)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abc, I don't do planes often.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Legend. wrote:

I'm very sorry, I don't understand. what is this "annual" ski holiday you talk of?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Truth be told, I don't get all excited given how many times I get to ski. It has always been an intergral part of winter, but more so the last few years. I'm due to leave in 2 days for a 2 week ski holiday and I'm not "excited" but just consumed by all the logistic surrounding it

wasted on you pal. despite currently sitting at ski day 24 this season. The frequency of viewing bergfex, wetterzentrale, the webcams rises exponentially with approaching departure time. there are no logistics to be consumed, just the checklists to be ticked off. it's all about the 6 Ps. But I'm always still as excited as a 6 year old at christmas.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it scary if sometimes I try to imagine I'm coming down a steep red when actually its the stairs?...
Very Happy Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyrew wrote:
Legend. wrote:

I'm very sorry, I don't understand. what is this "annual" ski holiday you talk of?

Grrr, don't rub it in - I didn't manage to get any skiing at all last year.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyrew wrote:
Quote:

Truth be told, I don't get all excited given how many times I get to ski. It has always been an intergral part of winter, but more so the last few years. I'm due to leave in 2 days for a 2 week ski holiday and I'm not "excited" but just consumed by all the logistic surrounding it

wasted on you pal
. despite currently sitting at ski day 24 this season. The frequency of viewing bergfex, wetterzentrale, the webcams rises exponentially with approaching departure time. there are no logistics to be consumed, just the checklists to be ticked off. it's all about the 6 Ps. But I'm always still as excited as a 6 year old at christmas.

Guilty as charged. Embarassed

As much skiing as I get each winter, it completely pales compare to how much cycling I do in the summer. That's what gets me EXCITED, each and every weekend day all 9 months of summer! The route planning, anticipation of the climbings, thrill of the descends, apres with mates afterward...

Skiing is really something I "do" when it's not enjoyable to ride my bike. It does get me out: out the door to get some exercise, out of town to see different countries or even different continents. So I do enjoy it as a holiday, just not quite as excited as a kid at Christmas. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everyone around me seems to think I'm mad, but i book my jan holiday in august and bounce of the walls for 4 months!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm all excited, only a few weeks to my big ski hol.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can't get excited this year because we are off on Boxing Day and the lack of snow is putting a damper on things
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@2waterford, Might be a snowy few days this week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarpa wrote:
@2waterford, Might be a snowy few days this week.

Fingers crossed, this is our last big family holiday so keeping everything crossed that the snow gods do their job over the next few weeks.
snow report
You know when your an excitable (aka ridiculous/OCD) ski bod when:

1) You pack and re pack all your gear on a monthly basis through the summer (and find yourself stroking, ooing and arring over it, cradling it like a baby!)
2) You buy ski gear all year round even if you don't need it
3) You have a wardrobe solely dedicated to you ski gear in the same bedroom you share with the wife (and much to her disgust!)
4) You visit web cams several times of the day even through October
5) You make a list of your must do runs, check them out on you tube and then mark them on a piste map
6) You dont do last minute - You book all your ski holidays the minute the last season ended despite the fact it will likely cost more than last minute!

I confess Sir, im Guilty!
rolling eyes
snow conditions
Very excited! However with a week to go (and especially with the lack of snow) I'm now into the obsessive weather forecast/webcam checking 100 times a day mode..
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, In the knowledge that it will make no difference!! Toofy Grin Where are you headed?
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
You know when your an excitable (aka ridiculous/OCD) ski bod when:

1) You pack and re pack all your gear on a monthly basis through the summer (and find yourself stroking, ooing and arring over it, cradling it like a baby!)
2) You buy ski gear all year round even if you don't need it
3) You have a wardrobe solely dedicated to you ski gear in the same bedroom you share with the wife (and much to her disgust!)
4) You visit web cams several times of the day even through October
5) You make a list of your must do runs, check them out on you tube and then mark them on a piste map
6) You dont do last minute - You book all your ski holidays the minute the last season ended despite the fact it will likely cost more than last minute!

I confess Sir, im Guilty!
rolling eyes

+1 I spent ALL DAY Saturday packing my gear, even though we aren't going for two weeks. For summer holidays I usually just throw everything in a case the night before or even the morning we leave. We booked in August this year and I can honestly say I've never been so excited for so long about anything. I check the web cams at least twice a day, sometimes before the sun has come up just in case (looks better today btw Smile ), I've poured over the piste maps looking at runs and bored my staff to death talking about the weather. I've had to have a clear out of jackets, salopetes and fleeces this winter though because there wasn't enough room after all the new stuff I couldn't help buying even though some of the stuff I had was nearly new (damn you and your daily emails and bargain prices sportpursuit!)

The fact that it's 8.24 on a Monday morning and I'm on snowheads rather than in my car on the way to work should be enough to tell you how I feel about my upcoming ski holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
I get very excited, I love skiing and summer holidays while I enjoy them are not as exciting. We still go on action type holidays not for lying around the pool in this house. I check snow reports all the time, and youtube the life out of any resort that I am going to. We get so bad we already have our second ski trip booked and we haven't taken our first yet, Shocked . Off to Kappl/ischgl in about three weeks.
latest report
@biddpyat, we have 3 booked this season, and considering a cheeky 4th wink
@PaulC1984, I have been taking YouTube skiing lessons for around a month, can't wait to put in some practise, does that count as OCD ??? Puzzled
ski holidays
@Bartezki, nope youtube ski lessons count as suicidal lol
snow report
From late Nov I get giddy which is only getting worse as each day passes until Jan 3rd.

Snow issues don't worry me, I just keep upgrading my gear and making plans. Already chosen where to get drunk on my first night.

Every few nights I find I cannot sleep and have to fire up the laptop for a bit more research and planning (ski geek) haha
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:
Very excited! However with a week to go (and especially with the lack of snow) I'm now into the obsessive weather forecast/webcam checking 100 times a day mode..

+1
snow report
Why are you restricting yourself to 100 times a day ???
latest report
Absurdly excited; multiple snow checks a day, snowheads usage increases, checking out new gear, revisiting technique vids and books to cue myself back into how I get down that hill again? Even find myself mentally skiing runs which I go to sleep! Last night I kept thinking of one of the big bowly areas somewhere in Tignes (specific I know... no recollection where this was without looking at a map) where we had great fun popping over little jumps, doing the natural half pipe and skiing with mates. Before that was a mogul run in Les Arcs, icy home run in Sauze...etc etc....

Sad I know, but generally we only get to go once a year unlike some lucky lucky people (!) and tbh we dont really do summer hols apart from UK based or camping etc.

Needless to say I'm counting the days til Christmas holiday!
snow report
Summer holidays? Pah, spend the budget on more winter holidays!

I'm very excited to the point of obsession, not healthy for my marriage but I really don't care as I'm going to mountains soon.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaa
snow report
trainee snowboard jedi wrote:

I'm very excited to the point of obsession, not healthy for my marriage but I really don't care as I'm going to mountains soon.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ha! thats exactly why we dont go away in summer!! Laughing OH and I after being together for over 10 years had only ever been abroad to hot place once and that was honeymoon! every other holiday has been skiing! snowHead

luckily both of us are obsessed so that definitely prevents arguments with how the trip money gets spent! Oh...except for those occasional on the mountain "discussions" that occur when one is ready to collapse at the end of the day and we have a differing opinion as to what the plan to get back to chalet is!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[/quote]we have a differing opinion as to what the plan to get back to chalet is![/quote]

That should be easy surely - flat on your back, drunk as a skunk!! Happy
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
we have a differing opinion as to what the plan to get back to chalet is![/quote]

That should be easy surely - flat on your back, drunk as a skunk!! Happy[/quote]

Laughing I think we get a bit serious about making the most of the timings on the slopes but sometimes I dont know when my legs really are done and it's time to finish for the day! We did have an interesting afternoon in a mountain restaurant/bar in Borovets about 8 years ago, spent far too long and got handed many many (many...) complementary shots of this strange frozen blue sambuca to go with our icy cold beer that had been the original "leisurely" return back plan....! Needless to say husband fitted the skunk description well and the run back down was entertaining! few of those most definitely helped me with my last run confidence being a week 2 newbie! Smile
ski holidays
Oh lord Sambuca - i LOVE the stuff, but it is my kryptonite!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
FiFi_Trixibell wrote:
trainee snowboard jedi wrote:

Raaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ha! thats exactly why we dont go away in summer!! Laughing OH and I after being together for over 10 years had only ever been abroad to hot place once and that was honeymoon! every other holiday has been skiing! snowHead

luckily both of us are obsessed so that definitely prevents arguments with how the trip money gets spent! Oh...except for those occasional on the mountain "discussions" that occur when one is ready to collapse at the end of the day and we have a differing opinion as to what the plan to get back to chalet is!

I share your pain! In fairness the other half loves it too but she's not quite as obsessed as me, although I've convinced her that South America is a good place to go on a Summer Holiday Smile

The deal is 1 week in the Andes and then 1 week somewhere else (more Mountains??!!)

Just need to see if I can trade my BA airmiles for some flights now.....
snow report
How excited do I get?

Well, I've just joined up here because I have consumed the entirety of vaguely relevant reading material of another forum, and need another "hit"!

Forecasts, webcams, videos of resort, videos of technique, inspirational videos... Yep, all sucked up and used to fill the wait.

The spare bedroom became the "Equipment checking, maintenance and organisation room" about a month ago, even though we've had friends booked in to stay last weekend for ages. Everything I had got out had to be stored away again for three days, then once again unpacked and checked!

So to answer the original question - yeah, kinda!
snow conditions
I get this excited
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=629439000499996
snow report
Almost obsessed Very Happy Either reading skiing forums, watching on YouTube, looking on ebay for ski equipment, training for skiing or boring someone with ski talk! Been like this since September when my wife agreed to let me go with her brother and a group of lads. Not going till end of February so god knows what I'll be like then. Only going for five days but I didn't get to go last year so can't wait. I'm 46 and I'm renowned for being unemotional (apparently) Even when racing motorbikes I'm dead calm so don't know what it is about skiing that gets me giddy? Only BIG problem is my wife isn't that fussed for winter hols and would never swap for a summer holiday where as I hate being hot, sticky and bored on a sunlounger.
ski holidays
Quote:
Well, I've just joined up here because I have consumed the entirety of vaguely relevant reading material of another forum

What, there is another forum Shocked Shocked Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
Layne wrote:
Quote:
Well, I've just joined up here because I have consumed the entirety of vaguely relevant reading material of another forum

What, there is another forum Shocked Shocked Puzzled rolling eyes

I know... who knew the internet would be big enough for more than one? wink
latest report
You lot are really sad...I don't do any of that stuff wink
snow report
tbh, a lot of the excitement I had for this ski trip is starting to evaporate. Havent had a great year, had a knee replacement start of summer and son has had two ACL operations, was laid up all summer and this ski trip kept me going all year. Now there is a bare covering of snow that will have to survive the christmas week crowd and then put up with the new year crowds when we arrive on the 27th. Sad Sad

Was speaking to friends 3 weeks ago telling them how bad the Alps looked but at that stage I kept saying the snow will come, here we are 3 weeks later and all that came was about 10 cms. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Pretty obsessed. Luckily Lady Flashman and I are both fanatics, so I’m not driving her crazy. The last few weeks have seen lots of activity booking things like hire cars and accommodation, so definitely feeling the urge to get on the mountain. Last Sunday I dug ski gear out of the loft, checked it all and set aside for packing. Edged and waxed 4 pairs of skis. Lovingly stroked all the lovely new kit I bought in April in resort at the end of season liquidations.

Flight VS019 to SFO next Thursday. Picked up by friends and driving straight up to Kirkwood that very evening. Excited? Just a bit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy