Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How excited do you get?

Poster: A snowHead
So excited it hurts, I've also memorized the 3 Vallées piste map and check the webcams every day.

Now I just need Christmas to hurry up and be over so that my holiday can be here!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
biddpyat wrote:
... also the poor boarder that can't manage the t bar ,

Hmm, As a snowboarder, and off to Bardonecchia in a few days, with 6 drag lifts over a kilometre long, and up to 1.6km, I'm hoping the poma mojo is strong. Never tried a T-bar either, so that will be fun. Am pretty certain I'm going to have to learn to ride them switch as well so I can rest my front leg from time to time...

Therefore, I shall make no comment yet on the skills displayed above... wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am on you tube watching anything to do with skiing, found this little gem, one for the lads................

http://youtube.com/v/cEM3wy8sdBg

@BigSouthernJesse, I really feel for anyone using a board on those things, I hate t bars and I ski..... my poor little girl stuck on one last year she couldn't get off, and got sent into a huge pile of snow, she was unhurt but boy was she mortified.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"The boys took a beating on that one..hm...that guy needs a hug" Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SnoodyMcFlude, Ive had a poll between my legs before, enjoyed it a lot, just cant remember her name Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All packed and ready, suppose I'd better go to bed. leaving at 5 a.m. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley Skullie Sad Blush Little Angel Shocked Cool Laughing NehNeh Razz roll on Jan 18 away with wife and friends then Feb 22 away with my two sones (they promised to to break me this time) sooooooo excited, get this xmassy-thingy crap out of the the way and i can start packing on the 2nd january !! wife won't let me pack earlier !! Sad
how do poeple who don't ski get through life ??????????????????????
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have no idea, but a lot of people feel January is a depressing month, not if we ski though it's a great month. Off to ischgl on jan 10th.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only 5 weeks till I go on my first bash. Can't wait for the clunk clunk of boots going into bindings and away we go
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I hate putting on my boots, lol, I love to ski but hate putting on my boots, as for going down stairs for the loo on wet tiles, its like skiing an icy black in blindfold
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This time in 2 weeks we should be in Chambery, or maybe actually on a coach up t'hills Smile Now just have to get Christmas guests out the way so we can turn the spare room into a ski/board prepping and packing room. Can't wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oh no, then have to do it all again in March...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So, today is the day I officially get excited about skiing. We are going to Courchevel the last week of January. I will begin my list and we will start to think about what new kit my daughter needs (which means I'll be allowed into ski shops). On Sunday I'm allowed to get our kit out of the loft (as long as I put the Christmas decorations away). And I have stopped my freestyle skiing on dryslopes in cause I injure something. I've secretly already been looking at webcams, but now there's a chance they are representing what we'll get.

Whoo hooo, three weeks to go!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Soooo exciting, anticipation of the snow and the beautiful scenery, sadly for me now over for medical reasons which suggest that the real cold associated with midwinter skiing and time in the mountains at that time of year is no longer a good idea but I cant stop reading the travel sections in the newspapers and checking the snow reports. I wish you all wonderful snow and skiing over the next three months, I shall have to wait until April when it is generally a bit warmer as I am determined not to stop altogether!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@FFIRMIN, what about short bursts, like weekends? Or snowdomes? Or dryslopes?
ski holidays
Snowdomes and dry slopes would be possible but wouldnt "do it" for me, I love the chocolate box scenery, the smell of alpine food, the crunch of snow under the feet, the sun sparkling off the snow crystals etc. etc., in fact the full Monty mountain style. This is no longer entirely practical but I do think I can manage heli skiing in Canada in April (saving all the money which would previously have been spent on a couple of weeks in Europe), the lodges are warm with open log fires, the helicopter makes for a warm lift (no getting stuck in the wind on a chair lift which grinds to a halt), I can go out mid morning if its too cold earlier, I can come back within a run or two if it gets cold and in April the sun shines a lot and high on the mountains with the reflection of the sun off the snow it can be really quite warm. At the end of the day there is an amazing rooftop hot tub with views of the spires and glaciers. I dont intend to give up skiing altogether even if my haematologist does give me a quizzical look when I say "I will be fine in April"!! I just have to be patient and wait for my ski fix and maybe visit the Alps in the summer for a European alpine chalet exerience - I love the Hospiz Alm in St Christoph - favourite mountain pitstop.
latest report
Stupidly excited. I can't sleep or think about much else!
snow report
I think I have watched every ski video on youtube at this stage, for those who feel it's important to video everything including the group having breakfast, then driving to resort, then the FULL gondola ride up, then to ski a short easy run, PLEASE don't post them, because idiots like me watch them waiting to see what the run was like........ rolling eyes
ski holidays
@biddpyat, ha yes, I totally agree! Am getting excited for my trip - just over 3 weeks to go. The obsessing will start in earnest now Christmas is over - don't know how I got through dull old January all those years before discovering skiing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I get way too excited, way more excited than about any summer Holiday. Been to Mayrhofen for the first 3 weeks of Dec this year, heading up to Scotland for a long weekend early-mid Feb and then hoping to hit Courcheval late March. Eek!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

My Summer holidays tend to be in the UK, and more doing challenges etc, maybe not even for a full week. Last August was a few days in Scotland hiking. Me and a mate have just booked our accom to do the Wainwright's Coast to Coast in May over 7 days, with him walking and me attempting to run it, and meeting up at our hotels on the evening. Should be interesting, and painful.
snow conditions
I always say a certain part of my anatomy begins to tingle! Shocked
snow conditions
42 days to go, but who's counting!!

I'm pretty obsessed - webcams, five or six different weather websites, youtube, kit sites you name it!!

Can't chuffing wait!!
snow report
biddpyat wrote:
I think I have watched every ski video on youtube at this stage, for those who feel it's important to video everything including the group having breakfast, then driving to resort, then the FULL gondola ride up, then to ski a short easy run, PLEASE don't post them, because idiots like me watch them waiting to see what the run was like........ rolling eyes

Drives me mad too. I get that some people like to post a video for friends and family to see, but not completely convinced that time lapse of the whole journey (including stopping at toll booths) is really necessary...it would also be nice to hear something other than Pharrell Williams or generic dance music Very Happy

Just over 3 weeks until I'm off to Val Thorens on the 24th, been watching countless videos and boring the hell out of friends and family as I seem to talk about nothing but skiing at the minute. Have got the full area pass too (it was actually cheaper) so have the whole 3 Valleys to explore Mr. Green
ski holidays
i'm 51 and it's 16 sleeps to D-Day, not that i'm counting. there are 27 of us off to La Plagne and my wife(non skier) thinks i'm mad, as i can't think of any thing else! if that makes me sad then i'm glad to be sad!
latest report
We are lucky in so far as the whole family are addicted. My son who lives in Germany is sick he can't get time off to join us in Ischgl next week. The mean mother in me keeps posting I love to ski photos, on his facebook page
snow conditions
Ha ha. I'm not alone then Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
My bag is packed, the checklist has been double checked, many times, the ski's are serviced. We are ready. Although it will all be checked again, and again, and again.

but on the bright side, only three weeks and a little bit! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
All through christmas I really couldn't get excited about anything but skiing. Only 1 sleep to go now! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thecramps, That is some prep! I'm unable to pack until 1-2 days before hand, or it just sits there looking at me for weeks on end and I get frustrated. Embarassed
snow conditions
@Daleybou1234,Same here, I have gotten our boots and ski gear out of the attic, going through things to see what is needed, Kids always need something new, rolling eyes , haven't started to pack, but this day week our journey starts, will be hitting the slopes in Ischgl on Saturday, can't wait.
snow report
@Daleybou1234, I have to satisfy my OCD.
ski holidays
Go to champoluc on the 18th..... Already packed Very Happy all done this morning.... Not exited at all.. No not me.... At all Very Happy
snow conditions
@thecramps, haha touché Toofy Grin I think I fall towards the opposite end of the spectrum
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy