Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How excited do you get?

Poster: A snowHead
As your annual ski holiday approaches?

Does it eclipse the excitement of your summer holiday if you have one? Has it waned over he years as it becomes a regular holiday and maybe the novelty has faded and therefore the excitement?

I'm about to burst. Off tomorrow. I love summer holidays and love exploring far away places, but I'm not sure I ever get as excited as I do about skiing, even when it's just for a long weekend.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im about to burst too and I'm 42 and skied since I was a child - I'm going on Sunday. Checking snow reports 5 times a day. Couldn't sleep the other night so was checking online at 4am. My whole family think I am insane! I love my summer holiday too but nothing like this - keep telling my husband it's all part of the holiday as I am checking for the umpteenth time the snow forecast.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skikitten1972, And welcome to snowHeads
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very, sat in exec lougne at Leeds Bradford for Geneva flight and very excited
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevew, I didn't know there was one Shocked

I don't bother much with summer holidays any more, and don't get excited if I do have one. But during the ski season I go to sleep thinking about the next trip; sad I know Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm excited already that January's trip is already sorted Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
excitement for me builds up as soon as the first snow falls wherever i maybe going.
Start planning where we'll ride on what days, where to eat, endlessly checking snowreports webcams etc.

By the week of the trip i'm pretty much in holiday mode, when i land in resort i'm pretty much a kid for the duration of the trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, nice little lounge, free drinks and stuff, good start to the trip Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's like being a kid at Christmas for me Very Happy

I'm already excited for the Arabba snowHead bash next year. My before bed reading is 'Where to Ski and Snowboard'.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew, I thought Mosha Marc, was saying he didn't think there was a flight to Geneva from LBA. You better rush the Easyjet gate is closing NOW.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After 25 years I still get the buzz. Much more than my wife it seems who is a few years younger but skied as a child (bought a couple of hours from the alps). My oldest and bestest skiing buddy never gave a flying f about any other holiday and still doesn't. We used to bore people senseless talking about skiing holidays. The only time I desensitise about is at the end of the season. I personally do enjoy a good spring/summer/autumn holiday so that nudges the skiing out of my brain for a while.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't give a monkeys about summer holidays. Sitting around a pool or browsing in markets gives me the shivers. On the other hand, I have an app on my phone which tells me it's 281 days till I next go skiing!! (Already been at NY and last week!!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We don't have summer holidays, which allows us to have three ski trips per season! Surely that's a no-brainer? wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off tomorrow too. Very excited. Just another 6 or so hours at work to contend with first. My skiing trips are the highlight of my year without a doubt. I don't really have a summer holiday, just a short break in the autumn usually.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I need that ^^^ app snowHead
snow conditions
I'm the sort of person who can either be asleep or doing something, so sitting by the pool is my idea of hell and the sleep/ski/drunk/eat/repeat cycle of a ski holiday my idea of heven.

I tend to start counting down the days about 3 weeks before the trip (currently t-8 days to my next trip) and having to force myself to delay packing (I could quite happily have everything packed already but know it will just lead to an unpack/repack closer to the date as I'll convince myself I've forgotten to pack something!).

Worst part about a ski holiday is trying to arrange it (Why does "Do you want to go skiing to X resort from Y to Z dates?" seem to be such a bloody difficuly question for so many of my friends?!?!) to the point I've taken to doing solo trips to Morzine with HOFNAR. Much easier.
latest report
Getting very excited - fly out 3weeks on Sunday. Happy

Only trouble is with everything going on at work, it is going to be a very stressful 3 weeks Sad
snow conditions
More like flat panic here as a single parent trying to ensure everything is packed (and hasn't been unpacked again by helpful daughters!)
ski holidays
I bounce off the walls every time the white stuff falls from the sky.
snow report
skikitten - I'm with you - similar age - off on sunday - checking snow reports daily - looks liked we have picked a good week! but .... looking like it will be colder than my week in Jan - how odd!
snow conditions
Always like the proverbial dog with two dicks when it comes to skiing and I'm sure I bore my non skiing friends with how fantastic it is and continually point out they should try it.......I actually don't like to openly admit that I have non skiing friends Toofy Grin
latest report
clarky999, glad we're not the only ones rolling eyes

We call it "planitis" as soon as we know a good day could be in store the next day, an anxious nights sleep follows, don't know why, but I do know we're not the only ones that suffer from it.

The OH also remarks how when we have friends staying and we have a ski tour / or La Grave type day / road trip the zips and the velro sounds start emanating from the spare room at 06:30 !

It's also made even worst especially if I'm doing something on my own Puzzled

This week has been a total chill out as it's like we're in mid summer, but that's all, hopefully about to change Cool
snow report
I get very excited by snowfall but must confess that we don't really take ski holidays any more... we just get up and go skiing, if we feel like it (and don't have work or chores to do) Twisted Evil
snow conditions
davkt, I resemble that remark! Prior to us leaving is maximum stress, often tears and wondering why the hell I do it. Sometimes this even occurs during the holiday Shocked , but the moments of just being there are usually worth it. I look forward to meeting friends and renewing acquaintances too. Mind you I like holidays generally and probably get as excited about a summer holiday as I do with a winter one. What I do find is the most holidays involve doing something, skiing, camping, walking etc. those sort of holidays involve lots of lists and packing - sometimes I think it would be nice to just pack a bag with a handful of clothes and just go!! Laughing
latest report
I had to go back to work to a) ensure we can get to the snow regularly now that Herr Gove has brought on that silly rule about school and holidays
and b) Musher so excited by ski holidays he will not contemplate a summer break unless I pay !!!!
I get all restless when winter approaches and have to drink lots of schnapps.
snow report
Glad to hear it's not just me! Very Happy Very Happy

11 days to go!! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I've been counting the days down since the turn of the year (my wife thinks it very sad). Off to VT on Sunday and have had my gear laid out in the spare room since beginning of March lol.
I think the daily snow updates have driven her mad snowHead
snow conditions
I wake up at 6.15 and the first thing I do is check a certain snow related forum to see if the weather outlook thread has been updated. Nuff said

Off to La Plagne on Sunday with Mrs Reded and 3 kids in tow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am a total obsessive, and at the moment a bit glum as a late change to work commitments means I can't go on our end of season trip on 5th April Sad . Really sad that I may have had my last ski of this season, especially looking at the current snow forecast for the next week or so.
ski holidays
I'm off tomorrow and I was really excited and looking forward to skiing in the spring sunshine. Now I'm just worried about being able to see where I'm going with all the snow that's forecast... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Very excited in the week leading up to a trip. Excitement level rises in proportion to how good the (predicted snowfall) weather forecast is as I'm also checking it every day. Try to play it cool on the plane as I normally go with a mate who hates flying (not this time though) and by the time I can actually see the mountains from the coach window I am nearly wee-ing myself. I think the guys at work are learning about winter, either excited looking forward to the next one or on a high just after the last one seems to be the whole Dec-Apr period.

And to cap it all...I'm off to Tignes again tomorrow! Yeeeees!

Excited? AT my age? (4Cool Too right! snowHead

Trying to persuade my ski buddies they need to join snowheads so I can come on one of your bashes & meet you all next year!
ski holidays
pinball13, it's a mountain. It snows. So what. Enjoy it no matter how far you can see. I spent 5 days being able to see BA skiing in Norway this year and it was brilliant.
ski holidays
All of the above - bouncing off walls, checking forecast constantly, packing too early requiring a re-pack, talking about nothing else... there is nothing in my world like a ski holiday.
ski holidays
Get hugely excited. Have almost been turfed out of the car on the way to the mountains for dementing my husband.
snow report
Legend.... Like many here I am basically obsessed by being in the mountains both skiing and climbing - so I have developed a technique of appearing not obsessed whilst being manically preoccupied under the surface. When I am not planning I am surreptitiously reviewing or buying kit - when I am not actually on a trip I am mentally on one - when cutting the lawn I am mentally cutting steps with an axe or swinging through trees in knee deep powder. Probably terrible for my mental health but it gets me on the bike (for retaining fitness) down to the wall (for strength) and onto the wobble board (for balance). I delete my youtube history so no one can see how often I look at All I can, Candide Kamera 2, and others....which is probably a much better reason than most....(!)
latest report
Only managed one ski trip this season due to injury...but I am looking forward to next trip in December..then January then February ...sod summer holidays...going to chill factor Wednesday to keep my eye in Smile
snow report
Another here who gets mega excited. Kids think I am nuts. Still on a basic intermediate skier but still love it, all things Austria, Alps, Snow. Roll on winter again.
snow report
I am getting even more excited - less than 3 weeks till I go (ok 2wks 6days but still) and a nice dump of snow over the weekend with tops ups forecast during the week. Watching the webcams and it looks fantastic out there at the moment.
snow report
Just before the season starts I watch the webcams for snow ...nuts I know but once you get the ski feeling Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
For me it's like a kid at Christmas, summer holidays don't exist for me anymore!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy