Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some help with my oversized head.........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, after 25 years of Sking every season in Scotland, I've decided a helmet is a sensible option ( read WIFE )

anyway, i've tried loads on, and simply cant find one to fit.

My head : 62cm, although its not overly wide if that makes sense.

can't seem to find a brand that fits - even the xl ones.

Any advice is very welcome !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.xsportsprotective.com/extra-large-ski-helmets.html

one of the Giro ones says it goes up to 65cms
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It took me two seasons worth of searching. Found a Giro that did the trick.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been told that the giro G9 is the best bet for us bigheaded scots......

Yet i can't find one for the life of me! They don't make it easy for us!!!!

Might just buy a motorbike helmet anc chop the chin piece out. likely to be safer, comfier, and cheaper than a well fitting ski helmet.........
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same size as me, My current helmet is a Head Stivot Air XL, in the past I've had Smith and Carerra helmets that fit fine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My melon is probably even bigger than yours and the Giro G9 fits me nicely. Worth trying Smith helmets in an XL too - different shape which doesn't really work for me, but might work for you
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Giro alomost certainly make something big enough. I've found a Protec big enough and curiously enough a Lidl Lid.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Lockwoods having some new liners fitted for my ski boots today and they had a few XL helmets in, (Scott, Giro and Salomon if I remember right). It could be worth having a look on their website.
Oh and yep a bit late for this year but the Aldi/Lidl but they do me size as well and at least a few years ago the kids last had them they looked identical to some Giro models so quite possibly came from the same production lines.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Both Giro and POC go to XXL, because I've have one of each, the Giro is a bit roomier.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for the Giro G9, fits my huge Welsh head just fine (and the adjustable vents are good too).

Ian
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy