Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine / Avoriaz / PDS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Morzine for first time in this resort. Staying at top of Pleney lift. Will be 5th April so keen to work out how to avoid the crowds of Pleney area and ideally get over to Avoriaz and Champery as well.

Looks like it's bus / train from bottom of pleney over to super morzine? From there hopefully it's easy to ski over to rest of area. Or bus I guess to Prodains or Ardent.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
5 min walk to Super-M.

What crowds? Should be fairly quiet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Uk school hols?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not that many British people go skiing at Easter and, perhaps more relevant, relatively few French people do. Some Belgians, but shouldn't be ridiculously crowded by any means (though if this warm weather carries on and snow continues to melt at the current rate everybody and his dog will be in Avoriaz).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lift faffer wrote:
Looks like it's bus / train from bottom of pleney over to super morzine?

There IS a little train (think end of the pier childrens ride) but unless you have specific mobility issues I wouldn't bother with it. It's a 5 minute/500m stroll even with skis - down the road in front of you at the bottom of Pleney, across the square between the ice rink and lift pass office, left on the road, then rightwhen you get to the petrol station/bank roundabout and the Super Morzine lift is 100m dead-ahead.

You can walk it in less time than it takes to queue up, wait for the 'train' and catch 'train'.

Lift faffer wrote:
From there hopefully it's easy to ski over to rest of area.

Easy, yes just a little flat and boring.

Worth stopping for a quick one in the bar at the top of the Super Morzine on the way back.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the replie
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be tempted to take a bus from the bottom, straight to Prodains, which is where we are based. The new Prodains Express is super fast and you'll get to the centre of Avoriaz with a lot less hassle than the Super Morzine route. Given how warm it is at present I'd suggest the same route back
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stuart, may have a point.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stuart wrote:
I'd be tempted to take a bus from the bottom, straight to Prodains, which is where we are based. The new Prodains Express is super fast and you'll get to the centre of Avoriaz with a lot less hassle than the Super Morzine route. Given how warm it is at present I'd suggest the same route back

+1; much quicker
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for the replies. Had two fun days in morzine. Ugly lower downbut fun challenges. Finding some good pistes still in the morning but with the potential rain tomorrow and rest if group having ski school or rest days going to solo it over to morzine and head high.

From advice given think will get bus A from pleney to prodains.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last week the run from the top of the Le Fornet chair all the way to the bottom of the Prodains gondola was one of our favourits last week. Good long run, no-one else seemed to be using it at all and the snow was holding up better at the bottom than at the bottom of the Ardent gondola.

Only issue with using the bus too/from Prodains is the fact they still have the blooming heating on in them!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mjit, ?? you can't get from the top of Fornet to Prodains in one run.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try - wrong peak!

We were going up Prodains, drop down round past Changabang and up Lac Intrets chain, then down from top of that to bottom of Prodains.

Why can't they put some really high-rez pieste maps online!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy