Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to Go Away this Sunday 23rd March Possibly Tignes.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking to go away this Sunday, and due to circumstances I wont be able to book until Friday afternoon. I'm looking to go to Tignes Le Lac. Never been there before. I've been to La Plagne twice for spring skiing, both times end of March beginning of April, so this time will be a little earlier and most resorts have had better snow since the last time we went away at this time of year. How does Tignes rate at this time of year? I'm open to suggestions for other resorts. I'm set on Tignes over Val due to the higher altitude. It's looking like mostly French resorts for that date from Manchester with the odd availability to Cervinia.

thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking at the forecast for the weekend, just do it. Espace Killy is one of the best ski areas IMV, and it's about as high and snowsure as you're going to get.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maloney~888, there is a chance I might be heading in the same direction on the same day, though from London. Like you, I've never skied there before. snowHead
Or I might go somewhere completely different! rolling eyes

Of course that does not help your suggestions. What about VT in the 3 valleys?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes is great this time of year, I'm going to Val on Sunday. It's looking hopeful that there will even be some fresh snow Very Happy

Also, although Tignes is slightly higher, I've always found the snow to be just as good or even better in Val. You can't go wrong with either of them - although I prefer the apres and nightlife in Val.

Come and stay in the Moris with Mark Warner, it'll be a right laugh! They're doing free lift passes as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should be no issues going to Tignes on Sunday. Just start now looking at the practicalities: flights and transfers are key (or are you driving?). Accomodation should not be an issue this time of year.
Or are you eyeing up some last minute package deals...?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in Tignes now - it will be fine - can't promise any off piste. The resort runs into Val are suffering more (I was there today) - purely because they are 250m lower. Le Lac or Val Claret will be fine - les Boisses and Breviere will be the same as Val D.

Next week there should be bargains about, no school hols, SFR tour finished. The only event next week is Euro Snow Pride which is only abut 300 folk in VC.

I'll not get into a battle over Apres - you are either a Val person or a Tignes person - nothing wrong with either - just different.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:

I'll not get into a battle over Apres - you are either a Val person or a Tignes person - nothing wrong with either - just different.

Indeed, nothing wrong with Tignes. Good times in the Loop bar!

But I'm a Folie-lover (so like to stay til the end), and also really like Cafe Face, Dick's, The Moris, Le Chalet and Le Petit Danois Very Happy

*excited*
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers, thanks for the feedback.

We'll be doing a package deal from Manchester. I've got my eye on Chalet Hotel Aiguille Percee in Tignes Le Lac and some of the VIPSKI Val D'Isere chalets. I'm offshore atm and due home on Friday so once on the beach I'll see what's left and book.

excited also Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy