Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Difference between Atomic Affinity Pures and Volkl Violas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am an east coast skier, mostly Massachusetts and Vermont. I have the Atomic Affinity Pure that I have ridden a few times. I have been riding my Volkl Violas for the past 4 months. I thought I liked the violas better because they are light, nimble and turn on a dime. However, I took out my Atomics yesterday because I was thinking of selling them but wanted to see how it felt to ride them after a little hiatus. The conditions yesterday were super crunchy and icy. I felt really stable and good on the atomics on the conditions yesterday. When I told this to my ski shop gal she was surprised because she said she thought the volkls would be better on the crud. I don’t know. The atomics are harder to turn and stiffer and felt really stable on the on the hard crunchiness.

I am still torn about which to keep and what the stronger points are of each. My gal in the ski shop says they are entirely different skis. She said the Atomics are an all mountain ski and that the Volkls are front side carvers.

What is the difference between the atomic all mount ski and the volkl viola front side carver skis. What does this mean?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your atomics have a slight rocker and are fatter.

Can you not keep them both?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can definitely keep them both. Just looking for a reason to keep them both. What does the slight rocker and fatter body do for the atomic, are there certain conditions which the atomics would fare better than the volkls.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would think the atomics would be better in powder and slush
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I will probably keep them for a bit. I bought both of these skis a few months after I first started skiing and got a great deal on both. I also bought them in a shorter length 148cm as I was scared to go longer. I am 5'6" and weigh about 175 so I know now I need to have longer skis than the 148 to truly progress where I want to be. I am ready to go longer now.

I ultimately I think want the volkl violas in a 161cm I think and then want another longer more powderish ski. I am on the east coast so I don't want a fat out west type of powder ski but something like the volkl kenja or the yumi in a longer length to bring out on a powder day. I guess having a plan for the future is good. In talking to others, many folks have 2 to 3 pairs of skis so I am not alone lol.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy