Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Winter 14/15 Schedule

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like it will be released in second week of April according to comments on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/easyJet?sk=wall&rf=114196561929515&filter=2

Anyone got a more specific day/date, eg from a newsletter or other source?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same details required for Ryanair if anybody got them???
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For the current season, every one of my easyjet ski flights (10!) would have been cheaper if I'd booked within 3 months of flying, rather than when the flights came out...
Most of the flights are at school holiday time as well.
Next season I think I'm going to gamble.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowdave, when that happens you can get a credit against future flights.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sadly not when it's on a different fare structure/ time, only if it's the exact same flight...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowdave, So the flight you booked wasn't cheaper nearer the time?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was, but flexi and sale fares don't count
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, that's annoying.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
still looks like next week according to comments from EJ on their facebook page, although, note that it's not the complete schedule, ie only until end of Feb - "We hope to have it released for sale by the end of next week, for flights in period 26th October 2014 to 28th February 2015"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
grazzenger, Thanks for the heads up.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
grazzenger, thanks! The end of season flights are never out till later, but I don't remember the "winter" schedule finishing as early as end of February before. On the starting blocks for family flights out for Christmas!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, The March flights were released later last year as well. We booked our March return in early May.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cad99uk, did they release March flights just a few weeks after the others? Normally the Easter flights aren't available until around October.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Yes, released a few weeks later. We booked our Feb flight out in March and then had to wait until early May to book our March return.

This is flights to Salzburg.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, cad99uk, I think it might depend on the routes. Looking back in my "holiday File" I booked Easter, 12th. April, flights Easyjet Liverpool - Grenoble in October last year. I only paid £29 Very Happy each way so I am assuming I got in fairly early, but I cannot be sure because they are only £50 now....
Also I booked our Feb 2014 flights, same route LIV-GREN on 29th. March last year.
ski holidays
This thread prompted me to start checking next years dates for February half-term and as far as I can see there is no variation within England and Wales from the week of the 14th to 21st, which corresponds with week 2 of the French holidays Sad
I know this has probably been covered elsewhere but I would love for somebody to prove I am wrong.
snow report
skitow, I could be wrong but I think the UK half term dates coincide with most of the European holidays too. Belgium is the same week, as is the Netherlands (or one of their weeks) and I believe Paris. There has been a previous post here which may be worth checking.
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
For the current season, every one of my easyjet ski flights (10!) would have been cheaper if I'd booked within 3 months of flying, rather than when the flights came out...
Most of the flights are at school holiday time as well.
Next season I think I'm going to gamble.

According to a little piece in the Sunday Times, someone has done some research and reckons that on average 10 days before flying is the sweet spot.
snow conditions
The flights are online now. Hope you find a good price, snowdave!
latest report
Just got Leeds Geneva for half-term Sunday for £172 including bags.
ski holidays
Liverpool - Grenoble is on now. £195 return, no bags 14th-21st Feb. I think I will leave it for now Toofy Grin
ski holidays
addana, Thanks for that. December and February flights booked. Now better get down to some work to pay for it. Very Happy
snow report
I have booked today. Better price than last year for us, so have to be pleased with that
snow conditions
Half term prices going up fast - my £144 plus bags was £225 within an hour or two...
latest report
The seat price for our Dec flights is up 40% since this morning.
snow report
Just checked Bristol to Geneva or Grenoble for Christmas week, still cheaper to drive by some margin
snow report
Gatwick to Innsbruck at half term now nearly £1000!!!
snow report
jirac18, yes, Bristol flights really expensive - Gatwick much cheaper. My son lives around 15 mins drive from Bristol, though. I don't think they'd want to drive - need some rapid decisions tonight - I've left them messages!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Liverpool - Grenoble is now £240 return, no bags 14th-21st Feb. Now that is getting silly.
latest report
looks like there has been lots of early bookings today so Easyjet has doubled the prices to stop people booking. They let the prices start to come down as the months move on I think. The flights I book at midday have double in price by tonight. It is New Year week though.
snow report
Booked half tem Bristol to Geneva for £176 return no bags, mid morning was the price cheaper first thing ?
snow conditions
I see that Easyjet have now raised the cost of ski/boot carriage to £60 return. For those of us who take skis it makes the remaining airlines like Lufthansa and Swiss who still offer free ski carriage much more attractive.
latest report
Managed to get a cheaper flight with BA than Easyet. Gatwick to Geneva for 50 pounds, including luggage. Not half term, but a pretty good price I think.
ski holidays
Oliver8, my son booked flights out for his family of 5 on Friday December 19th, back on the 27th. He said they were £9 a head more expensive than the prices I'd emailed to him last evening - but he was out till late last night and hadn't had a chance to discuss it with his OH.
snow report
Alastair Pink, sadly for us northern types we have little or no choice of "proper" carriers for Geneva. We're flying with Swiss to Zurich from Manchester in Jan though - and whilst I can take skis for nowt, I think they are included in my 23kg luggage allowance, so I'll have to be careful with the weight of everything else.
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
We're flying with Swiss to Zurich from Manchester in Jan though - and whilst I can take skis for nowt, I think they are included in my 23kg luggage allowance, so I'll have to be careful with the weight of everything else.

I think you'll find carriage of skis with Swiss is in addition to your 23kg allowance. This has always been the case in the past. I'll admit that their website is a bit confusing - if you look at their special baggage page it does say that they will carry sports equipment at no extra charge providing you do not exceed your baggage allowance, but if you then look in more detail at the table which lists extra charges for sporting equipment which exceeds your baggage allowance you'll see that skis (and boots in a separate bag if need be) are shown as transported for free (unlike most of the other sporting goods categories). Similarly the rule in the free checked baggage webpage about bags not exceeding 158cm in size(width+height+depth) does not apply to ski bags (fortunately!). Exactly the same situation and rules regarding ski carriage also applies for Lufthansa (who I believe are partners with Swiss).

If you are in any doubt you can contact Swiss, who I believe should confirm what I've said. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Thanks Alastair Pink - I think I will give them a shout just to be on the safe side, as it is a bit confusing, but useful heads up - cheers.
snow report
EJ March flights are out.
ski holidays
Thanks for that-have just booked the first set of flights for Easter-nice and cheap-but need to wait to book for the return leg a week later in April!
Does anyone have any idea when they might be released-end of summer?

Cheers
snow report
snowhound, EJ facebook page says

"If you're looking for flights from 29th March to June 2015 we are hoping to release in September"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy