Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So what do you all do when the season finishes and your waiting till the next one.

Poster: A snowHead
I have a feeling this year is going to drag. We have our first family ski holiday booked for 27th Dec it's been 13 years since I last skied. The children will be having lessons on the dry slope and a couple at Tamworth just so they have some idea before ski school on holiday. I will making sure I'm fit enough to spend the whole day skiing as well as a day at Tamworth to try and get back into it. I will also be looking at the sales for new ski wear and having boots fitted as last time I hired them and had to change them 4 times before I found a pair that didn't cause burning pain or numbness.

So what will you all be doing while you wait till your next ski holiday. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's plenty of this season left! But when it's finished, I shall (amongst other things) walk in the Alps, spend time with my grandchildren and other friends and family, go sailing quite a lot, read some good books, cook and eat some good meals. Don't wish your life away, it'll be gone soon enough. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linnylou26 wrote:
So what will you all be doing while you wait till your next ski holiday. Very Happy

Working to pay for it.

But also: sailing, windsurfing and walking the dogs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Working as much as possible to pay for next season. When not working, riding my motorbike.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Back to morzine with our mtb's :0)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sell next season and go sailing, go mountaining, go road biking, go on holiday......... Never stops, if anything we're quieter during the season than we are the rest of the year Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing on glaciers like Hintertux, Stubai, and the Kitzsteinhorn. Then sailing, paragliding, cycling and walking on my free weekends. Don'tcha just love living in the mountains wink My season passes don't run out until May any ways! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountain biking (although tbh, I do that in winter too. biking in the snow ftw)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try to get to Tux in the summer if I can, and always try to get a road trip in.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skiing as long as possible then hiking and climbing mostly.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Summer is for sailing! First yacht race of the year next Sunday for me.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Summer is for ski racing on the artificial slopes. First race of the summer season was last weekend - which is about a month before the last race of the (snow) winter season. Doesn't half make it complicated working out which category everyone is racing in.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Linnylou26, ...slide on long things as much as possible during the season....sit in the carpark and watch all the 'piste open' lights slowly wink off, one by one, and then gently weep.

Drive home, find a pile of twigs. lower my metabolic rate and sleep until early December.

Sorry,, getting confused with our resident hedgehog.

Instead, try to FORGET SKIING (which takes about eight weeks) and get back on the bike....try not to think about SKIING! whilst on the sadddle....get the climbing harnesses out (this year do loads of physio on my shoulder before hitting the local wall) and try not to think about SKIING! whilst belaying ...and get the ice axes out for some high stuff in the Valais. Last year...did some skiing time on the glacier - which entirely wrecked my routine of NOT THINKING ABOUT SKIING.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RobW, Old enough to know better at 49 but seriously tempted to give ski racing a go!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm going to ski until mid May in Sweden, then take 6 weeks off to kitesurf, climb and party in Spain, then fly to Chile for the season there.
snow report
You all seem to keep really busy. I love my mountain bike also so will spend quite a bit of time riding around the forests near me.
snow conditions
Road bike & mountain bike, house stuff and gardening. Probably some fishing too.
ski holidays
Dinghy sailing (29er and RS800) - well we sail them all year round. Just back from our snowboard trip and itching to get back on the water.
ski holidays
DIY doing up the house 'cos I spent too much money on skiing. Hopefully will get the house finished this year though, so can get out in the car more which has been sat in the garage gathering dust Sad
latest report
Oh and have started my own little fleet with a Laser Pico, yep I'd like something a bit more exciting but the Pico means Toastertalyby (age 10) will have something she can sail on her own as well once she has learned to sail at the club this summer.
snow report
Summer holidays! Have trips booked to Antigua and Tuscany, I'm really looking forward to both. I still have a final ski holiday first though.
latest report
Sailing & motorhoming (not at the same time though) Smile
latest report
Work the week and head off in the campervan at the weekend.
snow report
Trips to Cas-Vegas as I'm going to switch from 1 plank to 2
Hopefully a summer break somewhere hot
Attempting to lose some timber and get a bit fitter
snow report
Lift-served skiing until the end of June, touring until we run out of decent snow, then kayaking on the meltwater until the glacier re-opens in September Cool

Smug, me..?
snow report
Touring as long as the snow lasts. Then Mountaineering, fell running or sea kayaking. Going backpacking in arctic Sweden for mid-summer. Started planning for next season already, Chamonix in January and the Haute route via the Grand Lui in April.
snow report
valais2 wrote:

Sorry,, getting confused with our resident hedgehog.

I think I might be your hedgehog Shocked Shocked
snow report
As pam w puts it, the season is far from over. The best part of skiing...spring skiing, had yet to come!

But when the season DOES end, I wouldn't think about skiing for 6 months. I'm after all a summer person. So if winter never comes, I'm almost fine with it. But as it does come and stay for a good 4 months each year, skiing is a good way to enjoy it. But as soon as winter is gone, so does any idea related to skiing!

OK, perhaps hunting down sales of ski gear might interrupt my "summer dreaming" for a little bit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try Chile
ski holidays
I'm a once a year type of guy. If I could afford more, I would. For 51 weeks of the year I surf, and I'll do a bit of MTB riding to keep fit in between.
latest report
I drive around Europe and wait till it snows
snow conditions
Quote:

There's plenty of this season left!

Quote:

the season is far from over

For a lucky few maybe, but my season was "over" on December 27th after my 1-week Confused Can't see us going again until poss Easter 15, so a real drag. But have been out on bike (road) and will continue to do so.
snow conditions
The only thing I love doing more than skiing is fly fishing for wild brown trout. In fact, my otherhalf and I are seriously considering doing a two week ski break to Samoens this Easter. Skiing in the morning then fishing in the afternoon. The only 'fly' in the ointment is eldest daughter is running in London Marathon on the 13th April so feel obligated to go and support.
latest report
doesnt stop for us, last snow ski 9-16th april then onto the summer races starting on the 19th at glos Smile
snow report
Surfing hopefully, Cornwall and the odd day when Joss Bay actually gets going....we don't exactly get amazing surf in Kent Sad
snow conditions
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-Rollka-Grass-Skates-Skiing-German-Made-Germany-World-Shipping-/351016256215?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skateboarding_Skating_ET&hash=item51ba3302d7
snow report
wishfulthinker wrote:
The only thing I love doing more than skiing is fly fishing for wild brown trout. In fact, my otherhalf and I are seriously considering doing a two week ski break to Samoens this Easter. Skiing in the morning then fishing in the afternoon. The only 'fly' in the ointment is eldest daughter is running in London Marathon on the 13th April so feel obligated to go and support.

every summer i think about taking up fishing (not fly, dont think its best suited for someones who's fishing career consists only of mackeral fishing!)

maybe this year!

I'll fit it in around skating, camping, snowboarding at L2A and the WORLD CUP Cool
ski holidays
Riding motorcycles on the road, occasional touring trips, racing a 600cc Rally motorcycle in the ATRC series. Fettling and thrashing about the countryside in my supercharged MX5. Cycling on road and cyclocross, taking part in the occasional time trial or sportive.
latest report
Still got one ski trip left this season. Other than that.....brushing up my French, learning German, starting my young horse, getting fitter than I have been this year, having dry slope lessons with eldest son. So not much really....... Laughing
snow report
Go to Chile or New Zealand.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy