Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bumming in Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey this is my first post and I'm not sure if anyone's asked about this before, but my limited time searching didn't help me out. I'm wondering if anyone has ever lived in Japan for a season (a couple months at least), and if they had any advice for someone looking to do that. I've spent the last 2 seasons in the Kootenays (only skiing no working) and, as much as I love the terrain, the snow hasn't been there. I'm looking to do the same thing in Japan and it seems pretty doable, but I'm worried about housing. Are there affordable monthly rentals available short term? If anyone has their 2 cents they could put in it would be much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help re accommodation ideas, but my stepson is working as an instructor in a Hakuba Happo One, and I would guess if you approach their tourist office, you may get some assistance. It's one of th most western orientated resort areas in Japan, so finding English speaking help should be ok. I think quit a few Aussies own apartments out there, so maybe that is a way to track down somewhere to stay. Overall the cost of living and skiing is cheaper than anything I have encountered in Europe or North America.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads of ski bum types in Niseko.
Lots of jobs and places to share flats/houses.
Many go there on 90 day tourist visas and work without a permit as Japan is a cash based society so easy to do.
Also pretty easy to get a 12 month work visa if you are young enough, Google for details.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the Niseko Resort Area on Hokkaido check here

http://nisekoaccommodation.net/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy