Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St anton seasonaire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm planing on doing a season in st anton but was wondering if it was easier going down the tour operatour rout or going out there and finding a job. I was thinking of a Kp job with a tour operatour but any work which gives aloof skiing time will be great

I also understand that by doing it through a tour operatour I may not get my first pick and would be happy doing it any where but st anton is definitely the number one resort!

My question is how easy is it to find a job around mid November? Or buming the beginning of the season until a job opertunity opens up.

Any feedback will be great, thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can always apply in advance to chalets/companies/hotels/bars etc that only operate in St Anton. If you spend a bit of time on your cv and covering letters, and apply well in advance, you should be able to find somewhere in your chosen resort ahead of time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, do you know if most jobs without a tour operater come with accomodation?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most if not all, chalets and hotels will have staff accommodation and will also provide a lift pass and ski hire. There are plenty of chalets and hotels run by independent companies that only provide accommodation and not flights, so are not a TO. Package from a seasonaire point of view is still the same. Not sure about bars.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok thanks that helps a lot! Would it be best to apply from home in advance or just get out there and ask around?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends on your attitude to risk!

Companies will start recruiting in May/June time for next season. If you have done your research and apply to a number of places at this time, I should think you have a decent chance of finding a job somewhere. If you leave it until you are in resort you will be competing with a lot more people for a lot less jobs, and you will have to pay for accommodation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Robborder wrote:
Ok, do you know if most jobs without a tour operater come with accomodation?

Some do, some don't, depends. Some of the employers here will help you find accom if they don't provide it, again, all depends on the employer. Most people rock up mid-late November, some already have accom sorted, some have a job sorted, some have both, some have neither. One thing to bear in mind if you don't go the TO route is that you will have to shell out for your lift pass at the start of season (€760 ish, although you get half of that back at the end of season if you are working on local contract doing enough hours a week) as well as accom costs if not included (some require a deposit) and first payday isn't until the end of Dec.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are quite a few returners in Anton who know when to go and who to go to in order to get a job. So at the start of season it's quite hard for a newbie to compete and snap something up. It's who you know. Having said that, the resort is big and there are a lot of jobs, and there's a group on FB that people advertise jobs on. There were often positions popping up throughout the season on there too. BUT again, if you don't know where you're looking and new to a place it's difficult. There aren't massive signs saying APPLY HERE and the world and his wife will go to all the obvious spots. It's much easier to get permanent season jobs before you head out and I'd definitely recommend it. The vast majority of top employers - TOs, hotels, chalets, bars, restaurants all employ well in advance of the season, so unless you turn up in September when everything is still closed it will be difficult. A few people I knew got out there really early and bagged permanent jobs, but a lot got temp roles and tended to flit between jobs.

Be aware that in St Anton, accommodation is pretty expensive if it's not being paid for by an employer. Mostly because it's an upmarket resort and accom tends to be of quite a high standard. Also, a lot of employers have their employees living in St Jacob which is the next town along, and you have to get the bus back and forth. Despite the bus being free, it is a pain and often impacts on your day - e.g. working, then having to get the bus back to Jacob to get changed to go skiing, then getting the bus back to go skiing, then getting the bus back to get changed to go to work... You end up crashing at friends in Anton quite often after nights out, then they have to wait for you to go back and get your ski stuff before you can head up the mountain.

Personally, I like the security of knowing my rent, ski pass, insurance, equipment is paid for and I can have a stress-free season so I applied for a TO in advance Smile Companies are advertising now, so look for those that operate solely/mostly in your preferred resorts Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy