Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne Soleil for mixed group?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the process of organising my hockey club's next Hockettes on the Piste ski trip for late March 2015 and our travel agent has come back with Plagne Soleil as a suggestion. We're a mixture of total beginners, some who skied for a week on the same trip (to Sauze) last year, intermediates and a couple of non skiers.

I've done a few searches on the internet but I can't really get my head around the geography of the various Plagne villages. Is it possible (easy?) to move between the various villages, for example if we fancied a change of scenery in the evening?

Is there much to do in Plagne Soleil for the non skiers? Or is it easy for them to move between villages for something to do?

When we were in Sauze, the non skier was able to take the main chair lift up and could sit in the main bowl where the skiers used as a base to check in for a drink/a chat/a sit down. Is this possible in Plagne Soleil? A possible option for accommodation is Le Mont Soleil which is quoted as being at the foot of the slopes (with a sun terrace, so they might not move too far anyway!) but could the non skiers get away without having to buy a lift pass? (Is there a day pass that could be bought if again, they fancied a change of scenery one or two days?)

So many questions, but hopefully there might be a few who know a bit about the resort and who can help!

Many thanks in advance,
Carolyn
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a couple of ways of moving between villages, either free lifts or the shuttle bus (these are free with a ski pass but in reality no one checks if you have one.) To get out of Plagne Soliel you take the free lift down to Plagne Centre and then you can get the shuttle bus to 1800 or Bellecote. So its possible and relatively easy, but I'm not convinced its worth the effort of getting the bus.

La Plagne does have things to do for non skiers, but not a lot. There are lots of walking trails, Pool and Ice Skating in Bellecote, Small bowling alley in Belle Plagne etc Moving around during the day would again mainly be by bus, but you can also buy single use pedestrian tickets for various lifts including the telecabine up to the glacier and ice caves.

There are lots of piste side restaurants in La Plagne and a couple of them are an easy walk from Soleil, so great for meeting at lunch.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy