Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Query about a lift link in Menuires, three vallies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think the answer to this question is "no" ... but does anyone know if there is a way of skiing down towards the Pointe de la Masse access routes, without taking a further lift, from the bottom of the Bruyeres bubble in Menuires?

I am fairly sure the answer is "no" because the bottom of the bubble is in a cul de sac surrounded by restaurants, steep bits of slope, and fences, but I am aware that there are often usable trails/small runs in places that people staying locally will have discovered but aren't marked on the maps.

I and my knees are now 60ish and i am looking for shortcuts and escape routes!

I know there are various routes across from the Bruyeres half way station, but I am looking to see if I can get right to the bottom before I need to ski again, and still get across to Pointe de la Masse.

Thanks for any info.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wet, as you approach the Bruyeres area from above, either coming from the mid station of Bruyeres or from around the Ferme in Reberty, stay high and to the right of the piste and you are able to ski to the right of the Reberty resort area, under a pedestrian bridge and the you can ski straight down to Masse 1. I hope this helps, alternatively you can just slide from the Bruyeres base to the joing piste, it can;t be more than 100m.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are already at the bottom of the Bruyeres cabine, then no you have come too far down, or maybe you're staying somewhere near there? If you're coming down, keep to the right before you get to the bottom of sunny express and you'll be able to continue above Bruyeres, under the bridge and down to Masse. If you are down at the bubble, it would probably be easiest to walk around and cut throught the inside of the shops and come out onto the piste again by the lift pass office and get onto the piste there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you people.

The point is, in my scenario, I haven't skiied down at all, I have just stepped off the Bruyeres bubble at the bottom station as i am too lazy to ski down!

" ... alternatively you can just slide from the Bruyeres base to the joing piste, it can;t be more than 100m. "

Sounds really hopeful, except i don't know how to interpret "joing piste" and all the bits of piste I can remember are uphill from the base station (ie walkable to the tough but not slidable). Is there a run/trail to the downhill side beyond the restaurant?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at it on OpenPisteMap.org then there is nothing shown below the Bruyeres base - you would need to cross over the main road and pick up the Boulevard Cumin piste. If you zoom in a lot on the satellite view on google maps and look at streetview this might be possible depending on the snow depths.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you skate/pole 50m along the flat area in front of the shops from the Bruyeres base station there is a covered magic carpet next to a nursery slope that will lift you up the 20m or so to the piste that runs down to the Masse. Does that count? You could also just walk up if you really didn't want to take a lift - it's not very far - or just continue to follow the contours in front of the shops until you join the piste that way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are keen to avoid walking, stay off the Boulevard Cumin.
I’m not sure how far along any access from Bruyeres meets the Bd Cumin but that piste (and I use the term loosely since pistes generally go downhill) is the work of the devil.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JanA, Twisted Evil Good skating practice
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JanA, you only use the last 20 metres of the Bd de Cumin to get from Bruyeres down to the Masse lifts, and that bit is acceptably downhill.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Openpistemap.org - wow wonderful resource! I have never seen that before, thank you. Google maps is no use, there is not the detail of that area.

It does look potentially doable, doesn't it, as long as there is some kind of footpath round the bottom of the restaurant. The only slight catch is that I sort of remember that the way onto Cumin from the road is down a sheer 20 foot bank ... but they must come together at some point.

I've skiied down Cumin from VT many a time so I know how flat it is. Flat I don't like, but I can deal with. Uphill is a bit annoying.

I don't remember seeing a magic carpet, but I do vaguely remember seeing a tunnel, which I ignored, not being looking for tunnels at that point. If it's where i think it is, it should do the job.

I was right there just this time last week, but I had only just discovered how much my knees were not going to do and didn't think of doing any exploring. The bright idea that I might come DOWN Bryeres from the ridge hadn't occurred at that point. I was rather concentrating on how i was going to get down Lac de la Chambre and back to Mottaret. (I mean physically, I know the way.) Particularly now that they have split the Platieres bubble and you have to walk uphill with everyone skiing down at you if you want a lift down to the Mottaret bowl.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I had only just discovered how much my knees were not going to do

have a look at the threads about the Ski Mojo (there is a current one). Great invention..... will help your knees. snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just had a look at openpistemap.org. It's pretty inaccurate in my area (Espace Diamant) with some pistes missing altogether. Maybe something to treat with a bit of caution?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Just had a look at openpistemap.org. It's pretty inaccurate in my area (Espace Diamant) with some pistes missing altogether.

You could fix it.

Thats the point of it, the Wkikpedia of maps. And when it's accurate its a brillant resource and you get some satification that a little bit of it is down to you.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can use the magic carpet in the covered tunnel. Did exactly that last week when we couldn't be arsed with the huge queue for the bruyeres gondola. Then you have enough height to ski all the way the the masse lifts. It's only about 20 or so metres from the gondola.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Er....I notice a pattern here Smile Was everyone in Les Menuires last week (we were too - great wasn't it!)

Another slightly off topic comment - I have always thought that Bd was an abbreviation for Belvedere (as in, "it's got a view") but it seems that it is Boulevard?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy