Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best apres in France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My boyfriend and I live in Grenoble at the moment. And with the local buses, on the weekends we can go skiing to 2 alpes, alpe d'huez and 7 laux. We'd like to take the opportunity while we live here and go away for the weekend to some other resorts with some fun nightlife. For the ski part, we're comfortable on-piste skiers, we like tackling some interesting black slopes. Which places would you recommend? Chamonix? Val Thorens? Meribel?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Themotherandthestart,

We found these calendars to show you whats happening in each location you mentioned!

Charmonix -http://www.chamonet.com/events/calendar.html?dates=12-03-2014-to-19-03-2014

Val Thorens is a resort which is very much geared up for young people and there is a wide choice of late night bars/clubs http://www.valthonet.com/events/calendar.html

Meribel - http://www.merinet.com/events/calendar.html

Hope this helps!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The best apres I've had in France was this year in Meribel. The addition of the Folie Douce makes the apres circuit much longer so for us we tended to stop in the Folie for a few before a quick (survival) ski down to Ronnies, then another ski down to Meribel Centre - usually to Doron or Meribar. It's a great Apres circuit much better than VT which basically consists of Folie Douce, then home to change and head out again. I suppose it depends on your definition of Apres however. I've always considered Apres to be the last part of the day before you change out of your ski kit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
monkey, interesting point. Whilst I agree with this
Quote:

I've always considered Apres to be the last part of the day before you change out of your ski kit.
I prefer to have stopped skiing, so I'd rather be at the bottom of the mountain (except for maybe a swift half, or equivalent, in a hut on the way down). I don't like skiing when I'm drunk, or people around me are. Places up the mountain where crowds of people get hammered at the end of the day really scare me. Skullie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica wrote:
Places up the mountain where crowds of people get hammered at the end of the day really scare me. Skullie

Duly noted. Smile
I am more asking where we'd spend a fun evening out, other than the skiing part, since we go for ski day trips all the time. A lively loud resort instead of a calm family place. Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
themothandthestar, Chamonix is a proper town, so there's loads of choice there for a fun evening out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My favourite Apres Ski ever is Chambre Neuf in Chamonix. Beer and rock music, can't be beat. Haven't been for a good few years but mate was there last week and it was still rocking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
themothandthestar wrote:
Which places would you recommend? Chamonix? Val Thorens? Meribel?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Grenoble?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It would have to be Meribel. Folie Douce and the Ronnie up the mountain, then ski down to Centre and you have a lot of bars that start live music around 5.30pm for a couple of hours. Quite a few lively bars in the evenings with plenty going on, and Dick's Tea Bar opens until the early hours for some properly late night revelry.

Val d'Isere also has a very good apres scene, but is obviously very expensive even by French standards.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
France doesn't really do apres in an Austrian fashion...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
France doesn't really do apres in an Austrian fashion...

Thank God. I and my ski buddies are not keen on disco oompah (we put up with it though wink )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you all!

I see that Chamonix and Meribel are really the places to visit before leaving the French Alps. Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+100 for Chambre Neuf in Chamonix. Bear plus rock band then onto the cocktails, we were in there for over 5 hrs, epic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy