Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another ski length question.............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I'm around 5 ft 4 and I weigh around 130-132 pounds. My piste carvers are 153.

If I'm getting either Dynastar Cham women 97 or Rossignol 7 Saffron, what length would I want?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gryphea, I am the same height as you & slightly lighter (112lbs), and my all-mountain skis are 165cms. I've been meaning to try the Dynastar Chams, so I'm interested in the feedback you get on this question- I'm leaning more towards the 172cm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think top of head height is usually pretty versatile for an all mountain ski but I think that puts you in between lengths? If possible demo but if not you just have to guess based on your skiing style, preference for longer turns and skiing open slopes go longer, preference for short turns and like skiing places where you need tight turns then go shorter I guess. FWIW my normal skis are head height but I've skied heavily rockered skis 10+cm taller than me and they were so easy to ski so don't be scared of going longer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think Cham is just tip rockered. They make 159s or 166cms. So kind of in between. They are for all mountain stuff. Off-piste but in bounds in Canada. Last week this meant a chute, some trees and open bowls.

My piste skis are Dynastars too, so I know they will measure the same way. Can't demo as its way too expensive to buy store price!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Cham 97W is just tip rockered, with pin tail. My wife has Cham87W and likes them, though she may have been better going for 97 for the float. Longer will be harder work, but more stable at speed probably.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More confusion as I looked at my other skis

My piste skis (72 waist) are 153s but my mid skis (84 waist) are 158.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, so not much availability in 159 of the dynastars; so have decided to go for Rossie Saffron 7s in 162
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gryphea, Rossi's size guide says that's correct for your weight. But don't put on more than half a stone wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy