Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rode new zip line between Val Thorens - Orelle with GoPro!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Thought you might want to see this, folks! Headed up to 3230 metres to try the new zip line (launched recently) linking Orelle and Val Thorens in Three Valleys. Was ACE.

http://youtube.com/v/Tp5UYaOga3o

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gavbrett, what were you holding on to?
Looks fun.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gavbrett, welcome to SHs. snowHead That does look fun, but did you not hear me yelling at you to turn the camera round so we could see where you were going?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's the pole for the GoPro camera
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ha - sorry! I'll remember to do that next time. I was a little preoccupied with the 250 metre drop to the glacier beneath me!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gavbrett, of course! Silly me. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i think the thing with gopros is you really have to jump from outer space for it to look exciting. Im sure that was a lot of fun but the go pros singularly fail to deliver it to the viewer no matter what they are mounted on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can't wait to try this out!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd have been worried about dropping the gopro, does pole have a loop around you glove. It also answers the question about what you do with you skis; you take them with you.

Looks great but quite scary.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Laughing +1

gavbrett, Looks like fun .... but perhaps not as fun as some of those great lines behind you Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gavbrett, thanks for posting, great vid. I've been looking for a video of this for past few weeks. By the way, what settings did you use on your go pro for this... 720p 60fps?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That looks brilliant. Great first post!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How much is the ride? Or is it included on the lift pass (can't believe it is!)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Settings: 1080 25fps ; ) The pole has a loop, which helps on things like this, but I leave it off when I'm boarding - I don't want a long, stakey pole anywhere near me if I stack it!

Cost: 50 euros - steep, but worth it. You'll need a ski pass to get there and back down : (
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No not included in the lift pass - I think it's €50 if I remember correctly
snow conditions
gavbrett, Cool, looks great, one for the bucket list !
ski holidays
Was planning not to be too impressed when you initially took off and I was thinking that I would rather ski those sections.....but then when you turned the camera slightly to give a view of where you were travelling, I was thinking 'When can I get on that!!!'
Very Happy

Looked awesome! Great first post!
snow conditions
this looks ace. Can wait to have a go next year
snow conditions
I want a go!
snow report
My contribution (from last week). Not sure how it was for you gav, but I had to queue for 2 hours... Shocked Still, you don't often get the chance to try the 'highest zip wire in the world'. The bloke behind me in the queue had queued for an hour two days before, but had come back for another go, this time bringing his g/friend with him.

http://youtube.com/v/2CaIWwMoGqY

And if you want to see where you're going, this was the person in front taking off:

http://youtube.com/v/VFgveHWNdyU
latest report
(BTW can anyone tell me how to embed YouTube on here - is it poss?)
snow report
Take off the 's' from 'https' and the forum software will automatically pick it up.
snow conditions
iainm, I'm sure that was terrific but again, all we can see is you - the film gives no inkling of what it's like. We need somebody to do it with a helmet mounted "point of view" camera.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
iainm, I'm sure that was terrific but again, all we can see is you - the film gives no inkling of what it's like. We need somebody to do it with a helmet mounted "point of view" camera.

You're out in the Alps aren't you Pam? Could you not pop across and give it a go? I'm sure we could rustle up a helmet mounted go pro for you if required Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sugarmoma666, you paying?
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
I'll bung in a couple of euros... anyone else?
snow report
sequoiaboard, Laughing how kind. I don't understand why people take a Go-pro on this spectacular ride and just video their own faces.
snow conditions
sequoiaboard wrote:
pam w wrote:
I'll bung in a couple of euros... anyone else?

+1
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy