Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of driving to Val Thorens from London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just seen londonbgs' link. From here it would be a round trip of 1750 miles.

The tax man uses 40p oer mile as a means of factoring in fuel, wear & tear, depreciation etc. So it would cost me £700, add ferry and tolls and you're over £1,000.

Flights are cheaper and quicker in my opinion. If you want an extra days skiing then just fly on different days wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't forget to use the 40p mile figure for driving to the airport when working out total cost of flying and any parking

I prefer driving, so won't change, but those figures are ok with me - £700 for car, Eurotunnel at £0 via Tesco Points and £150 for tolls - still less than £200 per head for us to drive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris, I know, but I'm only 17 miles from the airport at this end Cool

Car parking over here is under £40 for the week too, transfers at the far end work out at about £50 a head.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For me the extra factors beyond the headline cost are what makes the decision on fly v drive. Namely:

Pack car, drive there, unpack car as opposed to carting it into the airport, check in, reclaim, etc.
Supermarkets stops, especially if self catering.
Up to two extra days skiing.

Plus some other more debatable ones: arguably easier with kids, you're more in control, et al.

I think there are lots of factors though. If I lived up north, didn't have my own gear, wasn't self catering, etc. I may well think differently.

Message is: straight cost comparisons aren't the only thing to consider.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

straight cost comparisons aren't the only thing to consider.

Quite - for example we often stick a hotel, or two, onto the trip making it more of a mini break with some nice meals than just a journey
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy