Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Life beyond the Atomic Access. BC Navis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

After three seasons with the Atomic Access I'm willing to take a step forward, retire the Atomics and get a new pair with touring bindings.

First of all I must say that I want them as a one quiver pack, considering that I will spend 80% of the time in the sidecountry and the tours will last no longer than 3 hours.

I was quite happy with the Access, I've used them every day for every situation. The only thing I was missing was a bit of stiffness and a more stable feeling when riding them at high speeds.

Therefore I was thinking to get a pair of Blow Crows Navis with F12 EPF bindings. I've found tons of reviews in French, but very few in english. The seem to be a great ski but they lack of lifeness on piste since they have no rocker. This is what I've read so far.

Anyone has try them? Will I be missing the rocker and playfulness of the Access?

What other alternatives should I be considering? I had on my list the Liberty Helix and the Line Sick Day 110, knowing that the lines are closer to what I have had till now. I'm looking for something between 100/110mm waist.

By the way, I'm 177cm tall and 74kg.

Thanks in advance for any tip or advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Down CD 6 or 7, but wait 'til the pre-sale in August/September for great prices.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Clarky for your reply.

I didn't know the brand, and they seem to make outstanding carbon light skis with great prices. Unluckly, they are almost sold out.

Going back to my previous post, I've dismissed the BC and the Lines. Currently, I've widened my search and added to my list the following:
- Atomic Ritual
- Salomon Q105
- Whitedot rangers

Considering that I'll put a pair of Guardians as bindings, maybe my best options are the Salomons (for the sake of the weight).

What can you tell me about the Whitedots? What about the others of my list? Any other recommendation?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's this thread on the Rangers from a few of us that have been skiing them this year.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=105073
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
polinauer wrote:

I didn't know the brand, and they seem to make outstanding carbon light skis with great prices. Unluckly, they are almost sold out.

Yep, that's why you have to wait for the pre season sale I mentioned, with even better prices!
wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
polinauer wrote:

Going back to my previous post, I've dismissed the BC and the Lines. Currently, I've widened my search and added to my list the following:
- Atomic Ritual
- Salomon Q105
- Whitedot rangers

Considering that I'll put a pair of Guardians as bindings, maybe my best options are the Salomons (for the sake of the weight).

What can you tell me about the Whitedots? What about the others of my list? Any other recommendation?

Thanks

I skied the Access for a couple of seasons but now have a pair of Rituals. I loved the Access but as you know they have a speed limit. IMO the Ritual have just enough extra stiffness without losing any of the fun.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Kenny for your answer.

What about the weight? Is it worth to mount a binding like the Guardians for such a ski?

These past days I've added another model to the list. They are the Zag Slap in 186 length.

Any remarks/highlights on them?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy