Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place to go for a long weekend snowboarding late march?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm wanting a last minute getaway in March 14 was wondering where's best place for snow, reasonable cost and distance Leeds Manchester or thereabouts are my airports of choice - sorry I don't want much do I ? Just thought there might be others feeling the same just want one last blast before the 2014 season over
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Badgerdot,

We would suggest you look into Livigno resort in Italy for a March Ski get away. It is one of the highest reports in Europe with pistes to 3000m, so the skiing is pretty good. Also Livigno is a tax-free destination, which means that food and drink are excellent value here - and you can fly to Livigno from Manchester! I think we covered all your points!

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hadn't realised that there is an airport at Livigno. Are there flights from other UK airports?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Livigno is very nice and reasonably priced BUT it's a VERY long transfer - you're looking at least 3.5 to 4 hours from any airport, with the closest being Milan / Bergamo (almost half-way across Italy). I've done it for a weekend but it really eats into skiing time. For what you are looking for, you could try places like Tignes (flying to Grenoble or Geneva), Avoriaz or Chamonix (Geneva) or Hintertux glacier (Innsbruck).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiSwift1 wrote:
... you can fly to Livigno from Manchester ...

From a travel company Confused

I would usually say "welcome to snowHeads snowHead " to any new poster, but I'm guessing that you may not realise where you are Confused

badgerdot I had an email this morning from mountainsun advertising some reduced rate deals for Tignes for March and 2 for 1 for the Dolomites reservations@mountainsunltd.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Since March 14th is hardly late season most of the normal resorts should be OK. If we go for a weekend it is often that weekend.

March 14th will take you into the end of the half term weeks in France and accommodation may be a problem. It may be easier a couple of weeks later.

Last year we went to Gresoney. We flew into Milan late on Friday night, skied Saturday and Sunday then flew back late on Sunday. A remarkably low cost weekend. On other occasions we have flown to Lyon, or Geneva and skied places such as Les 7 Laux, Val Morrel, Les Arcs, Tignes. To make a long weekend work you should really be looking for latest return flights and if you cannot make the last flight out on the evening then very early flights out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry for the confusion we have caused! We offer a deal with the transfers included from Manchester to Livigno. The transfer is pretty long, but for the price we think it is worth it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy