Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sochi Paralympics on Channel 4

Poster: A snowHead
Jade Etherington with her guide, Caroline Powell, got the silver medal in the Downhill. Very Happy
Apparently, Channel 4 are doing a great job of televising the events with more information on the website http://paralympics.channel4.com/index.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SaraJ, If you are anywhere with a good WiFi connection you can watch the Paralympics on Channel 4 by logging into FilmOn (www.FilmOn.com) registration is free, I've not yet felt the need to subscribe though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Top congrats to Jade and Caroline.
Watching the highlights show on C4 -OUTSTANDING!
Huge quedos to the boys and girls for so much drive and huge guts/bravery.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh and by the way Happy Birthday Jade for sunday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They guys are amazing - I'm in awe at the abilities of the able skiers etc... yet the paras take it to another level.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AsterixTG wrote:
They guys are amazing - I'm in awe at the abilities of the able skiers etc... yet the paras take it to another level.

Indeed! I'm going to have to get up early and/or set the PVR to record as I didn't realise that CH4 were doing the coverage not BBC, so only managed to catch the men's sit skiing live. I really do hope there'll be some good news soon re: Tyler Walker after his horrendous crash.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Men's Super-G Sitting race has just finished... Mick Brennan came 10th. Fantastic result considering that 17 out of the 31 starters DNS or DNF. It looked like a REALLY difficult course!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blind Super G amazing - the winner was right on his guide's tails, the spanish favourite actually overtook his guide on one turn and incredible recoveries and crashes. Snow looks beyond shitty.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gold medal for Kelly Gallagher and her guide, Charlotte Evans, and bronze for Jade Etherington and Caroline Powell in the Women's Super-G Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fantastic stuff! The girls have just made my year! What talented and inspirational athletes they are, and much respect to their guides, Charlotte and Caroline, fab!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Awesome stuff Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I guess I have sick sense of humor but will still share it with you as the cataracts developing in my eyes will need attention shortly. I find the thought of blind biathlon a recipe for disaster like a Monty Python sketch.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A great interview from last July:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23427535
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And... Not forgetting Anna Turney who came 4th in the Sitting category Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lechbob, Had to google to check it did exist as it does sound a bit monty Laughing however the description has put my mind at rest.
Awesome to watch the blind skiers and mad sitskiers, looks far more scary than the able bodied version
And I'm no royalist but it was lovely to see Kelly singing her heart out Very Happy
snow report
Am absolutely astounded by what the blind skiers do and in awe of them, before I had laser surgery my vision without my specs on was at the level of the best sighted paralympians and I was a total liability even just getting across the room without glasses on let alone hurtling down a mountain!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 11-03-14 14:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Fog and rain delayed the start of the Super Combined this morning. Eventually they decided to run the Slalom part and postpone the Super-G part until Friday. In the VI category Jade and Caroline finished 2nd, sadly, Kelly DNF, Sitting - Anna Turney is in 5th place and in the Men's Sitting, Mick Brennan is 10th.
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to watch the race (work got in the way Sad ) though it sounds like it was carnage with less than half of the Men's Sitting category actually managing to make it to the finish!
snow conditions
Another silver for Jade and Caroline in the Slalom Smile with Millie Knight and her guide, Rachael Ferrier, coming 5th. Anna Turney also came 5th in the Slalom Sitting category.
Men's Slalom tomorrow Smile
ski holidays
Sooo... Over the last couple of days The British Disabled Ski Team have been performing well with Ben Sneesby coming 11th in the Men's Slalom Sitting and James Whitley coming 15th in the Standing category. The second part (the Super-G) of the Super Combined went well for Jade and Caroline, coming 2nd and so yet another silver medal Smile Unfortunately, Anna Turney had a big crash and so DNF and Mick Brennan came 8th.
Current Standings in the Men's GS after the first run are James Whitley Standing 21st, Mick Brennan Sitting 14th and Ben Sneesby Sitting 21st. The second run is due to start shortly Smile
latest report
Last day of the Paralympics today and GB are going home with 6 medals. Gold for Kelly Gallagher and Charlotte Evans, 3 silver and 1 bronze for Jade Etherington and Caroline Powell and a bronze for the Curling Team. Fantastic Very Happy

The final result in the Men's GS was James Whitley came 14th in the Standing category and Mick Brennan was 14th in the Sitting.
And... In today's Women's GS Millie Knight and her guide Rachael Ferrier came 5th and Anna Turney was 8th.
snow conditions
Fantastic performance by Team GB and all the paralympians who've taken part at Sochi. The alpine skiing though was particularly impressive as the course was killer and the conditions at times were shockingly bad, yet the racing was challenging and captivating to watch. I've really enjoyed these games.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy