Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Must pack item

Poster: A snowHead
Yorkshire Tea. Box of 80- just lasts a week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bags!
A couple of bin bags. A few ‘sandwich’ bags. One of those Decathlon bright coloured nylon bags (with silly ball thing cut off) for laundry.

And, to save having to pay £1 at the airport, a resealable clear plastic bag to put any liquids/creams in for security screening. Must hold under a litre when sealed so average sensible size freezer bags are too big.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

with silly ball thing cut off

Laughing yes, they are silly, aren't they?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, I find a thin buff is ideal under a helmet - might be worth a try if you haven't done so. Excellent if the chair lift is a bit on the draughty side pulled up and over the ears, but under the helmet and pulls nicely over the chin/mouth/nose according to how cold it is - it's a very warm day that I don't put one on under a helmet before I set out and is so easily pocketed due the size if it does get warm. I also find it invaluable for keeping my long hair from wiping around my face - it holds it back like a headband would and you can tuck wisps into the elasticated edge - you might find the same. I've even started to wear one under my horse riding helmet in the winter - it's taken some comments from others at the stables as to what it is, but it's a brilliant addition under a horse riding helmet to keep my ears warm and control irritating wispy bits of hair there too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, a buff works for golf as well, a most useful garment (opposite of a tie!).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A shopping bag, for trips to the supermarket. We take a couple, and have some Decathlon back-packs that fold in on themselves into a ball.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bagginsmum wrote:
Straighteners are essential otherwise I resemble Captain caveman all week

Yep, me too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:

all the girls I know, and most of the boys, wear clean knickers every day. Putting on dirty ones after a shower..... Shocked

Never!!

I'm even worse, I take 6 pairs of ski knickers, then 7 pairs of 'normal' pants to wear after my pre-dinner shower (and going home day). What can I say? I like clean pants.

Oh and the Snowheads buff is also a very useful item to take!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What is this with the "clean" knickers?
I wonder if anyone is going to explain just how they get so dirty within hours: HoneyBunny's only last from breakfast to dinner Shocked
All this cleansing may not be good for you : all praise the Daily Mail Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well it appears the only thing I forgot was a bikini, it was seriously hot in Obergurgl last week. That and a decent pillow, ski espirit sort your pillows out!
I concur on the pants thing, you MUST have clean pants every day.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bagginsmum wrote:
Well it appears the only thing I forgot was a bikini, it was seriously hot in Obergurgl last week. That and a decent pillow, ski espirit sort your pillows out!
I concur on the pants thing, you MUST have clean pants every day.

Thats like my last ski holiday - the thing I didn't pack enough of was normal t-shirts..... it was so hot then as well.

Though my daughters were fine as they had insisted on packing a load of summer dresses at the time I let them do it to humour them as they were so light and small they didn't take up much space. Turns out they had the right idea.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The idea of not having clean underwear is a complete anathema I must change them at least once a fortnight if not more often.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I always take my own tea bags and porridge oats.

I used to laugh at my granny taking her cereal away on holiday and now I am already like her Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I grew up seeing my parents do the same. I am now the same. Will never go without a travel kettle, pot of instant coffee (can't stand tea), and a couple of travel mugs and teaspoon.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ, I can understand taking tea away if you like it, but instant coffee? That's like swearing in most of France and all germanic countries! Laughing
ski holidays
The problem is I can't function until I have had my first coffee in the morning.... this means I can make one before getting dressed and going down for breakfast.

I would if I could take the whole coffee maker but hubby wouldn't allow me to pack anything that big.
snow report
Get a tiny nespresso machine, mine came with a bag for travelling!
snow conditions
bagginsmum, oohh nice. Something else for my birthday list
ski holidays
I so understand, but I just have to have the real thing and most places I've stayed at have filter coffee making facilities, or I cry! Mrs Gix won't even have instant in the house (well, she is half german!)
latest report
I dont like instant coffee although that new "barrista style" instant coffee, Azera, is actually not bad at all
snow conditions
Back to the original question... I always take bags I can put my lunch into as I hate crumbs in the rucksack! But a must have item...ear plugs have to be the one I think!
snow report
Or if you prefer an espresso then an aeropress would pack down pretty small while still making an acceptable coffee.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy