Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Must pack item

Poster: A snowHead
So I'm packing tonight for my ski trip to Obergurgl Cool (excited, moi?) so obviously,for a control freak like me, this involves a list. Aside from passports, gloves, ski gear, (helmet but after a few months on snowheads I'm seeing this is contentious Shocked ) what do you always pack?

I have a deep rooted fear of forgetting something even after almost 20 years of skiing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blister patches, a multitool, spare boa wire for my snowboard boots, a whistle.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Buff
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leki hot shots
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
credit card
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ibuprofen, very cheap generics available in the UK which will cost you a lot more in Obergurgl.

A nice down pillows (if going somewhere where you are likely to get nasty foam ones).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buff, compeed, purse all on list. Just remembered spare contact lenses, mountain always dries them out
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A good quality pork pie for the journey at the other end in case I get hungry. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sun cream
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A small english four plug extension lead and a travel adaptor for the multitude of gadgets that now seem to accompany us.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Keep threatening the kids that we'll have a gadget free holiday. They were horrified at the prospect of not being connected, think it would be character building Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

A small english four plug extension lead and a travel adaptor for the multitude of gadgets that now seem to accompany us.

I arrived at an Apartment in Tignes ---- accompanied by all manner chargers etc, all with EU plugs ----- only to find that the owner of the apartment had 'helpfully' changed all the sockets to UK ones rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thermals - after a trip to Canada where i managed to forget them all so check about 3 times that i have packed them

multitool

4way socket - easier than taking loads of plug adaptors
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski, How bizarre. I have English appliances but have an adapter on each, with some spares in the drawers for guests,

Must pack: ibuprofen & knee brace, adaptors, credit card for anything that's forgotten
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I prefer single adapters - you don't always want all your stuff in the same place, e.g. phone charging in bedroom, or someone using the laptop while it's charging and using hair straighteners in the bathroom while someone else is using teh hairdryer in the bedroom, i don't see how a 4 way socket is "easier" than 4 single adapters, but I can see its value
ski holidays
I went away last weekend in my ski gear and forgot to pack any trousers for the evening. Embarassed
snow report
Heat.
snow report
Contact lenses, credit card (or as it's Austria cash Evil or Very Mad )
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, Hair dryer & straightners for one.

Phones, cameras etc always end up in one place for us as it's easier to keep track of. Each to their own I know but I've always found it works for us.

As we tend to drive out for a few weeks I have two, we also have two at the house in Italy permenantly for the same reason.
ski holidays
meh wrote:
I went away last weekend in my ski gear and forgot to pack any trousers for the evening. Embarassed

We travelled up to the in-laws one christmas at the kids bed time (makes the 2.5+ journey much easier if they sleep for most of it), only realised when we got there that we managed to leave behind the kids shoes and coats! They travelled in dressing gowns and slippers you see. First time I have EVER gone to the Boxing Day sales where I managed to buy some really cheap shoes and coats so the kids could go outside without freezing. Embarassed
snow report
NickyJ, haha! Yeah I managed to find an open supermarket to get a pair of pretty awful jeans from.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Ibuprofen, very cheap generics available in the UK which will cost you a lot more in Obergurgl.

Pam Obergurgl is in Austria, not France wink
snow report
homers double wrote:
holidayloverxx, Hair dryer & straightners for one.

aah...there might be only one socket - doh!
ski holidays
musher wrote:
pam w wrote:

Pam Obergurgl is in Austria, not France wink

Yeah, but you still can't buy generics in the supermarket for 34p in Austria. I could open a pharmacy with the amount I have stashed in my flat in Flachau!
ski holidays
Contact lens - my one must pack item

Couple of years ago Mrs B forgot any underwear - thought was my lucky week and she would eb going commando all week, but must be a common thing to forget as shops in village stocked them
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
hair straighteners

Hair straighteners Puzzled Puzzled No wonder some people complain about the luggage allowance.

But I must admit to taking an iron.... snowHead

Quote:
i don't see how a 4 way socket is "easier" than 4 single adapters

It is when there is only one socket in the room (as in Italy over half term).
snow report
these are good since most gadgets are usb powered (ok not hair dryers and straighteners)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Quad-Charger-Guarantee-UK/dp/B0073JB4QU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394200934&sr=8-1&keywords=4+way+usb+charger&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Contact lenses, credit card (or as it's Austria cash Evil or Very Mad )

tell me more? First trip to Austria. I always use my credit card in France
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
credit cards are used less in Austria but it is much much better than it was, it is likely that some mountain huttes may not take them, but most do these days. you are unlikely to have a problem even if you are cashless. everywhere in resort will

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 7-03-14 15:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
RobW wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
hair straighteners

Hair straighteners Puzzled Puzzled No wonder some people complain about the luggage allowance.

Quote:
i don't see how a 4 way socket is "easier" than 4 single adapters

It is when there is only one socket in the room (as in Italy over half term).

Mini hair straigtheners to be fair, 6 inches long less than an inch wide - much smaller than an iron wink (and I don't complain about the luggage allowance - I've just packed for 9 days in SA, and even though I am travelling business class and get 3 hold bags and 2 hand baggage, I have got everything in the usual 1 hold bag and I'm taking a wheelie cabin bag as I am carrying papers for work and equipment.... it's all I can carry anyway! Last week I got all my stuff into a holdall hold bag (boots in hand luggage) for a week in Canada - I know where I need to cut down...and it's not straighteners wink

and yep, I got the single socket thing. I have lots in my apartment so it annoys me when there is only a single where I could do with 2 ...might have to go the extension route

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 7-03-14 15:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Straighteners are essential otherwise I resemble Captain caveman all week
latest report
[quote="RobW"]
holidayloverxx wrote:

......on a skiing holiday? Shocked wink
latest report
bagginsmum wrote:
Straighteners are essential otherwise I resemble Captain caveman all week

A good conditioner/serum and a helmet is all you need Laughing
snow report
bagginsmum, In Flachau the best restaurant doesn't take credit cards, nor does the child friendly pizza place. I've not found anywhere else that doesn't but I always make sure I've got enough cash in case we want to go there. If I run out then the ATM is my friend.
snow conditions
igLou, I suspect the iron is for the skis. wink
ski holidays
bong, crackpipe, studfinder
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
igLou, I suspect the iron is for the skis. wink

Very Happy What else does one use an iron on?
snow report
bagginsmum wrote:
Aside from passports, gloves, ski gear,

Gloves are not "ski gear"? Puzzled

How about ski jacket?

Quote:
I have a deep rooted fear of forgetting something even after almost 20 years of skiing

If you forget something, it only means it's time to "upgrade" to a bright and shiny new one! Laughing
snow report
Mascara. Nothing else matters.
ski holidays
where's the laminated list when you need it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy