Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

15th/16th March female good skier looking to join a group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I would like to join a group or even create one for a week's skiing from 15th or 16th March. Could also do shorter break if necessary. Flights from my nearest airport Luton to Geneva look very reasonable at the moment (haven't checked other airports yet). Areas I'm particularly interested in are Flaine, Dolomites, Avoriaz, Serre Chevalier, but flexible. I'm a 51 female with a family at home, but I'm allowed to escape for skiing once a year! I enjoy getting plenty of runs in with a couple of coffee stops. I've skied for many years, although I had a long break and started again 2 years ago. I ski well, but I don't wizz down very difficult black runs. I'm very sociable and enjoy my food, so a catered chalet would be great. Not looking for wild nights just company and people to ski with. I joined a group last year and it was great fun, but couldn't make the dates this year. Let me know if you are interested, the more the merrier. Kate
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Travelkate,

Welcome to snowheads!

Why not take a look at our catered chalet Campanules via the link below. We still have availability for Sunday 16th - 23rd March for £399 pp fully catered with no single supplement for your own room.

Looks set to be a nice, sociable week with other solo skiers booked in too.

Happy planning!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
8 of us going to Dolomites 15 March for a week. 7 from up North are flying Manchester - Munich with Lufthansa, nohairjustaredhead is flying from London to Munich with (I think) BA. Meet at Munich then hire car to St Vigilio. Most staying at www.mareo.it All self catering but eat out maybe 50% of the time.
Plan on doing Sella Ronda using hire car to get to Corvara first and start from there. Also plan on Hidden Valley and maybe Santa Croce.
Make up of group (very approximately) ages 56 /53 /52 /47 /33 /23 /24 and 4
Standard (very approximately) varies from an ex-saisonnaire returning to skiing after a break / confident piste skier / a couple of 4-5 weekers / rest unknown
Apres ski probably a few beers / bottle of red. Swim at Cron4 one day
Let us know if interested
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, thanks for your replies. I can't see the link to Chalet Campanules anywhere? Will also look at flights to Munich. Do you all know each other already? Is the 4 year old skiing with the group? I couln't find anything at www.mareo.it. Thanks Kate
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the link is in the the signature www.ice-fire.co.uk
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not everybody in the group knows all the others. nohairjustaredhead has never met anyone else in the group. I am going with two adult daughters and my granddaughter (obviously they all know each other) and then there are two people I know from work (who will know me and each other) plus the husband of one of them. Hope that makes sense.

The plan is for my granddaughter to have lessons 10-12 daily (I have spoken to ski school about this) and for myself and my daughter to alternate between staying 'local' so as to be around for the afternoon, and going off with a group. We have booked accommodation for 5 at www.mareo.it but I have stayed there before and the apartment is designed for 6. There is a possibility of another two people coming along as well, so I am leaving the final set up for accommodation until about Wednesday next week. If no-one else comes along, my two daughters plus my granddaughter are likely to stay at www.chivai.it which is right on the beginner slope. I was out in the area last week and I do not anticipate any problems over accommodation.

What is most likely to happen is for the group to split into two each day, depending on who wants to do what. One group likely to stay around the Kronplatz area and have a gentle day, and the other more likely to have a more energetic time around Kronplatz or drive to Corvara to get into the main Dolomite area (it's all covered on the same lift pass)

When you say you couldn't find anything at www.mareo.it I take it you mean it was showing as 'full'.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi have just returned from chalet campanules .. fab chalet great food and friendly.. would deff recommend .. margaret
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Margaret, did you travel alone? Thanks also for all the info on the dolomites. I'm still not quite sure what I am doing, doesn't help that my boiler just packed up and needs replacing. Now thinking that a ski trip might be too indulgent!!! Will decide in the next couple days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Travelkate, no problem. You won't need a boiler until next Winter, will you?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like your thinking....if the weather carries on like today you may be right!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy