Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haute route hut bookings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I've been Alpine ski touring since 1984 but I've never "done" the Haute route, mainly because of it's reputation for being crowded. I've decided next year I should go for it before decrepitude sets in. I know the huts get booked up fairly well in advance so my question is "how far in advance do I need to book?"

Looking at Argentiere hut, La Fouly, Grand St.Bernard Monastery, Valsorey, Chanrion, and Vignettes huts.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I booked about 10 days ahead 5 years ago. Would say 1 month Max.

La fouly. Should be OK a week in advanceif at all.

St Bernard I don't think you can book.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think St B like you to phone a day or so in advance to check the conditions, and warn them you're going to arrive. That way, you get their weak, sweet tea on arriving (surprisingly refreshing on a whiteout day), and the infamous smile...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would also say at least 1 month. The Vignettes hut is probably the most important as all of the HR variations use this hut and it is usually the first to fill up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from an early HR and we pretty much followed this route. Consider the smaller un-guardianed huts, such as Doree and Singla as alternatives.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy