Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indecision -which bindings ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still mulling over which bindings for some dynastar chams. Currently Head mojo 12's on offer or marker squire 11's for an extra £25. Any Recommendations most welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head Mojo
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Mosha Marc, any particular reason? Was tempted by the squires as an alternative as they seem to have good reviews also and are quite a lot lighter, though that might be at the expense of durability - not that I'm particularly heavy or an aggressive skier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whatever is cheaper
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I remember, the Heads have a bit more metal in them, they look cooler and £25 can get you nine pints round here wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, I'm beyond the age where looking cool matters ( indeed it generally looks rather 'sad' if I try) but a sub £3 a pint could be an argument for moving north !! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickH, you can get it sub £2 if you know where to go Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nickH, Vist 614's for the same money. Much superior!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A number of people, myself included, have had problems with squires. They can be a devil to click in. It's not that they were stiff- in my experience about half the time they just never quite clicked fully into place. That was last season's batch and I think the same issue were reported in the previous season. There's been a lot of sharing of this experience on theskidiva forum, so I know I'm not the only one.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perty wrote:
A number of people, myself included, have had problems with squires. They can be a devil to click in. It's not that they were stiff- in my experience about half the time they just never quite clicked fully into place. That was last season's batch and I think the same issue were reported in the previous season. There's been a lot of sharing of this experience on theskidiva forum, so I know I'm not the only one.

I've sold loads of Squires & never had an issue & my missus has been on 'em for two seasons without a problem. However like many of the current Marker range they are sensitive to having the forward pressure/toe height correctly set. I've had a good number in for service that hadn't been correctly set, in fact many shops don't even realise that they have a manual toe height adjustment rolling eyes. They also need a clean boot.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimastaaah wrote:
nickH, Vist 614's for the same money. Much superior!

Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Head mojo's.

I've got the tyrolia peak 15's which IIRC are the same but rebranded. Solid as a rock construction. Never had an issue clicking in and out even in deep powder. Always reliable and as mentioned before they look pretty cool (whether I do or not)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never been on the Mojos

Have this season moved to the squires and been very happy with them, and very light. No problems clicking in, although the sensation is different from other bindings Ive used and takes getting used to
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiG wrote:
.....Have this season moved to the squires and been very happy with them, and very light. No problems clicking in, although the sensation is different from other bindings Ive used and takes getting used to

Yep, there's a strange 'click' which sounds like something's just broken, which takes some getting used to.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone

spyderjon, the skis come with the bindings of choice fitted,so with this toe height adjustment issue with the squires I presume that I need to be really sure that they are set correctly - apart from a drive up to you is it likely the local 'slush & rubble ' or ellis bringham are going to be able to check it for me ?

They're also offering the look NX11 at the same price as the mojo's ( only £33 extra to the cost of the bare ski) so at that price it seems almost rude not to get some bindings included
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy