Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in Meribel (staying in Meribel Centre) for two weeks (last day 14th) and renting boots at the moment. I've always had a problem with my ankle bone in rental boots and it is particularly bad this year. I've swapped rental boots for some slightly better ones but it is still becoming extremely painful after a days skiing, especially if I'm doing off piste or steeper runs.

So I'm trying to work out how to go about buying a good pair that will be comfortable for me. I've found a place called The Boot Lab which will do custom fitted boots for €470, including any adjustments needed forever after I've got them. Expensive but I guess it's worth it to be able to ski without pain and discomfort. I've seen the Courchevel Boot Lab recommended a couple of times on here, anyone have any experience with the Meribel one? Or does anyone know of any other good places to get boots in Meribel?

Thanks in advance Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NickMackz, same company so you should be fine, i don't know who is working in which branch, but i am sure all will be fine, if you are concerned nip over to 1650 you may have to give up a little ski time to do it but a properly fitted boot should resolve the ankle issue
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickMackz, The guys at boot lab swap between their Courchevel shop and their Meribel shop, but they all know what they are doing and I'd highly recommend them... and great after-sales service. We've had arpound six pairs fitted by them for family and friends, including FIS-spec for my son
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy