Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski racers slate FIS for allowing race in bad conditions

Poster: A snowHead
The World Cup men's super G at Beaver Creek, Colorado, has been hit by wind, blown snow and poor visibility - and racers have hit out at the FIS for allowing the race to go ahead.

Many racers complained that they could not see the terrain, and that the conditions were dangerous.

This report from Ski Racing. Also:
Quote:
More bad weather is expected for Friday, when the Birds of Prey downhill is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did anyone else see it on Eurosport? Pretty terrible, the organisers allowing it to continue when the competitors are skiing at up to 60mph!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jip, watched it tonight on Eurosport, conditions were pretty dire, even more respect now for the racers!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watched it. What a joke. John Clark expressed his grave doubts that the race should have taken place and it was plain to see that some racers were far more affected than others by the gusting wind and flurries. Just wait for Bode's reaction.

Meanwhile, just down the road in Keystone, a certain Mr Alain Baxter bagged a podium today (3rd) in a NorAm slalom - many of the big boys were in it - does it mean the new Volkls are working?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought I was taping it, and although I was in the flat, carried on doing something eles ........... turns out I taped M6 instead!!! Heard but not seen!! rolling eyes

ps: I can ususally deal with the video recorder! Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More coverage is due to start now on eurosport. 18.00 Friday 2/10/05.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Downhill was a pretty exiting race, looks like the Americans have got the Atomics running well. Bode looked to be trying too hard again, but 2nd is not a bad result
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This report on the downhill from Ski Racing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from Beaver Creek, yes the Super G should probably not have been run. If I was still racing I would have been very unhappy about that race going ahead. Also the DH yesterday was pretty unfair, with fog moving in and out, but will get less attention because the top-ranked guys happened to have good visibility.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Martin you are currently describing the conditions on Channel 4 !! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just saw Channel 4. Poor Finlay Mickel really had thick fog - and a spectacular leap.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
John Clarke said something about Bruno Kernan making a public apology yesterday, but failed to explain the comment. I know he was slated for being ultra critical of the organisers for the Super G. anyone know?

These guys are BRAVE - hurling yourself off what's more or less a cliff at 70mph into a bank of fog! Hats off to them all. Oh and I'm very glad I didn't have Finlay Mikel's "moment". Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bruno Kernen hit thick fog in the Super G, stopped, and then "clapped sarcastically" - now where have we seen that before...?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Even more interesting to hit a thick frog, which would not warrant applause.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd be very pissed off if I happened to be racing. The FIS should take the opinions of the people who are actually risking their health on-board, and it seems quite clear that they weren't happy about it at all.
latest report
Maybe they think that fog makes good TV ...

... as seen here.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy