Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Left leg stuck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Turning right is fine but turning left my left ski doesnt seem to come round naturally and i have to lift / force it into position.The steeper the slope or the more tired i get ie near the end of the weeks skiing the worse it gets .

I guess i need a few lessons but they are expensive on your own and the group im with dont want to join me for a private lesson.I'm worried a group lesson may not tackle my individual problems .

I see a tip on you tube about opening the knee which helped on my last trip but i felt unstable .I am left footed so may be leaving to much pressure on my left leg??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lesson in a fridge?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or get someone to video you skiing and see if you can identify what you're doing differently when turning left.

Alternatively just always turn right.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I am left footed so may be leaving to much pressure on my left leg??

Maybe some of the one footed exercises on here may help:
http://youtube.com/v/M9l7f-_a8Bw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUA_dxMxYk2yDf0DRs2nEu_w
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, you need to get off this inside edge, then it will turn. It can be that you are not finishing a turn before initiating a new one. Both your legs should be doing the same thing for parallel skiing, if one is late you end up with having no room. But someone has to look at your skiing to see exactly what's happening. Can be technique, can be alignment, can be a mix of the two.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well the correct answer is "needs to be seen" but I'll have a punt! this might sort you out for parrallel

1 slow down and find a pretty blue run

2 hold your poles like bike handlebars, make sure they stay flat'ish

3 to start the turn straighten both knees (stand up) so the skis go a bit flatter on the snow

4 press ONLY on the big toe of the uphill ski, to the point that theres almost no weight on the downhill ski (DO NOT TRY TO TURN THEM)

5 if you are in the right position and leaning forward a bit the ski tips should drift down into the fall line

6 in the fall line get down low (bend your knees again) and finish the turn with your weight on the ski you're already pressing on while grinning and in the correct position

7 build up speed and steepness slowly repeating the same process obviously on each side. hey presto the perfect turn...

or that didn't work, in which case video please buddy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh yeah and feet normal walking width apart, thats another biggy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't worry about group lessons, we all like to think we are special snowflakes but the truth is most people have really common problems that the instructor will have seen a million times before and have a hundred different ways to fix, get a lesson Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the truth is most people have really common problems that the instructor will have seen a million times before

Exactly, and above is what I would most likely end up doing with a group, 50 quid saved, standard under-the-table fee we'll call it half, can send the check later.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dulcamara, Smile but you don't know if that is wasley's only problem, I'm going to guess they are also in the back seat a bit in which case they might have problems with 4 and 5 of your list and 6 will end up with them sticking their bum out when they bend only at the knees, I'll take the other £25
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
actually I'm now too ashamed by my spelling of the word "cheque" to care about his problems anymore!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
£ is easier to spell wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy