Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Questions for the SH ladies - Volkl Aura or Kenja, or anything else?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently on Volkl Aurora (2011) but am considering buying a new pair as quite frankly I don't think I'm fit enough to maneuver them anymore Embarassed I'm finding them increasingly heavy - brilliantly stable on-piste but do struggle when I go on to the powder, which I'm trying to get better at. Bottom line is, I'm trying to find a true all mountain ski that won't flap going high speed on-piste and would help me float in deep snow. I'm in my late 30's, reasonably fit, will go down anything on-piste and have done some off-piste days/courses. I quite like Volkl's because of their sturdiness but open to any other suggestions.

Any recommendation would be highly appreciated Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-03-14 14:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love my Blizzard Black Pearls but not sure they're off piste enough for you, 88 underfoot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have the Aura but it is the older non rockered version. I think it is a great all mountain ski, particularly if you still want to ski on piste a lot but there are easier skis to ski off piste, the Aura is still fairly stiff and has quite slight rocker compared to a lot of other more off piste orientated skis. There was a thread in the off-piste section talking about women specific off piste skis which might be worth a look. If you are still planing on spending 50% or more of your time on piste the Aura or Kenja would probably fit the bill quite well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got some Nordica Hells Belles which might fit the bill at 92mm under foot. Not a lot of use off-piste this season due to avalanche risk though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've bought some Nordica Wild Belle's which I really like. Didn't notice any flap at speed on piste and thought they performed very well on piste. Off-piste conditions were tricky with bad visibility and the powder wasn't exactly light and with it only being my 3 third time off-piste I did take a while to get into them, but think it was more technique and ability. Did find them excellent in chopped up snow and sugary conditions.

I also tested the Salomon Q-88 with option of buying the mens equivalent for my son. Which I did. I was also impressed with these and found them very easy to ski.

MeMyselfandI, Sorry but I must be one of the few people that didn't like the Black Pearls Sad I did want to like them they just didn't work for me but my other half loves his Blizzard Bonafides, his first non-Volkl skis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
muppet, I forgive you NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you ladies for your responses Very Happy I'm still looking at doing about 70% on-piste. I've read that Nordica's are quite stiff so was thinking that it may be an easier transition if I choose to go off Volkl but have read raving reviews of the Black Pearl as well so I think I may test them all when I'm in Italy in a few weeks time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy