Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Original Tecnica TNTs

Poster: A snowHead
My parents have just discovered my old original pink Tecnica TNTs in their loft.

Well, they were fluorescent pink but the die has faded to rather more orange than pink.

They are rather stiffer than my current Icons so do we reckon that I should either:

1. Get UnkleSmallZooKeeper to foam me a set of new liners (as the existing liners are well knackered - about 26 weeks of use they've had) or...

2. Buy a nice new set of Diablo 130s from USZK at the start of the season?

What a difficult choice...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, are they the boot that the Unkle said could explode at any moment? Toofy Grin

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=10683&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, no - way older than those |(although I do have a pair of those ones too and they haven't exploded)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DM,

No 2, you tightwad..you know you really want to anyway.... Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, am I allowed to use you as an official excuse then? Do you think Sophie will believe me?

That said, her Lange 130s are due for replacements anyway... wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, when I was last at USZK`s, there were two suckers...oops clients...who has just come over from ValT for a bit of remedial surgery on one boot and a ZipFit liner for another pair. As I left she was in the process of being fitted with brand new boots and foam moulded liners (no doubt two sizes too small Wink ) Very Happy Very Happy Admittedly they were asking every leading question possible for every one of which the subtext was "please sell me a new pair of boots".
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GrahamN, JT, there is no possible other outcome is there...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DM,

The only way you'll get out of this is if the project runs over budget...... and that will be a good excuse Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, oh the old ones explode too...just a matter of time, luck and UV exposure
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, "Last time on 24.............................." Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, he he he he
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Origonal TNT's were actually white. The next year they were made in a Coral Red.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flexon Phil, maybe in the US...?? I don't recall ever seeing white TNTs (unless Girls version?!?). I am happy to be proven wrong! My understanding was that they were following Lange in terms of colours for a while...

IIRC, in Europe anyway, the prior boots were dayglo yellow, can't recall the moniker, then 1990 brought the dayglo pink/orange. As referred to here http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-RED-TECNICA-TNT-FIT-SYSTEM-SKI-BOOTS_W0QQitemZ8733550192QQcategoryZ16061QQcmdZViewItem - exactly my boots I think... (although there was a detuned version in more of a purpley-pink colourway).

Tecnica seem to have a habit of producing the same boot in multiple colourways, as my fave shop stocked Icons in Red 2 years ago.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch wrote:
Flexon Phil, maybe in the US...?? I don't recall ever seeing white TNTs (unless Girls version?!?). I am happy to be proven wrong! My understanding was that they were following Lange in terms of colours for a while...
Early 90's when the TNT came out it was indeed white , in the mens model, in the U.S. When the redish/Orange version came out is when, pardon the expression, it exploded. But I remember specificly, one of my shop buddies had the white one.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flexon Phil, fair enough, I believe you. Can't quite imagine them I must admit and certainly don't recall seeing white in Europe. I don't suppose anyone has any piccies?
latest report
Dave, Let me go though some old photo albums, I might have a picture.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy