Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Novel mogul technique

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just had to post something that I viewed from a gondola in Flachau.

Blue/red type run, late in the day, obviously very regular pattern of small to moderate moguls forming. Enter obviously very competent young teen to the pattern who determined he was going to have fun. Visualise the width of stance of the novice snow-plougher now envisage it with the skis parallel and mogul width apart. Now imagine the regular pattern of moguls (one in the middle of the two above it) there is a virtual straight line through every second line to each side of the mogul.

Well, you will have guessed now this kid straight lined the route with his legs apart either side of the moguls - no deflection or hesitation and flat out. Then just for a change he would momentarily narrow his stance and jump off one for the sheer hell of it and then back to the wide stance and straight line another dozen. Initially it looked out of control, but it soon became evident that he was one of the most controlled skiers on the hill.

I've never seen them done like that!! It was hilarious to watch from above and a total 'education' He had the attention of the entire gondola. Mind you it was certainly an economy of energy - never have I seen a method which took such little effort!! Mind you I won't be trying it any time soon Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-03-14 13:59; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easy - hotshot kids do it all the time - often sitting on the tails of their skis to emphasise how much they are taking the wee wee and how flexible their joints are.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is another way, observed at the nighttime ski show in obergurgl.

Skier comes down artificial bump run in a straight line and skis like a thunderbird puppet, 1 leg up, 1 leg down, repeat with other leg. Must have killed the knees and hips.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1, Laughing Love it!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy